Any TV Engineers out there

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by apocklington, Aug 22, 2001.

1. apocklington

apocklington
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am trying to get hold of a service manual for my rear projection TV ( Pioneer SD-T50W1 )so that I can setup the screen geometry. Also I need to know if it is posible to adjust the colours on RGB as I get a green tint when using RGB, composit & s-video are fine. I have tried to get one direct from pioneer but they don't seem to want to help, so would a TV engineer be able to get one for me, I am willing to pay for it of course. TIA<br />Tony

2. webster

webster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There,

Try contacting CPC, they can get hold of just about anything for you.

<a href="http://www.cpc.co.uk" target="_blank">www.cpc.co.uk</a>

Regards,

Simon

3. Me

Me

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You can adjust just about everything on the Pioneer SD-T50W1. You probably already no how to get into the service mode. If not look at the front pannel of the set.Lower the drop down pannel. There is a small hole where the end of a paper clip can be pushed into between the Reset button and the Fine Tune _+. Pushing this will enter the service mode. A good tip is to write down all the original settings so if you do make a misktake you can undo it.You will need the original remote to make all the adjustments. Trial and error is a good way to learn and if you write everything down as you go along you can undo any mistake. A much better picture, both in colour balance and geometry can be achieved with a little playing. If you are unfamilar with certain terms like, Pin,Bow,SC4Pin and all that to make the adjustments there are loads of places to get that info about what the adjustment terms mean.