1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Tosh 32WL48P owners/your views...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Manic1, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been toying with getting one, but have also been looking at the Sharp LC32GA5E, everyone happy with their choice, what are your views ?

2. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on guys....everyone gone shy

3. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    come on all your 48P owners...need some :smashin: help :smashin:

4. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Unfortunately the Sharp GA5 isn't HD ready, I don't know if this influences your choice.

5. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would have done if all broadcasts where in HD, but it seems that it is at least 5-10 years away, so I'm looking for PQ more than anything, there isn't that many reviews of the GA5 but I would of thought PQ should be the same as the GA3...........

6. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Sky will start showing HD material next year incl. sports, movies etc. Sharp whilst being one of the best regarding PQ and good source material, ie DVD and HD are not well regarded when it comes to TV broadcasts whether in analogue or digital formats. At least thats what all the reviews I've read state.

7. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    saw one in action yesterday at weybridge-audio, tv broadcasts PQ looked terrible until he hooked up a Humax freeview box, and then everything looked the dogs....intrestingly they had a little advertising card next to it that had come from Sharp which stated it was HD futureproof, the guy in the shop said this wasn't exactly a true statement in terms of a HDMI input, but the set could show HD progs no problem !?!?!?!?!?

8. Deep-6

Deep-6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Manic1, I've had this TV since November and I love it! Using it with an Amstrad Sky+ box, hi def xbox and Pioneer 575 player.

9. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice to hear from a Tosh owner, I actually started off intending to get the Tosh but nobody had stock of it, which meant I started to look elsewhere. I must admit I have seen it now alongside the Sharp and a 30" Sony and there wasn't much between them and in fact the Sony had the better PQ just from a analogue feed, but then every magazine I read really rate it the Tosh, I thinking I am just starting to confuse myself.

How does sport look on your Tosh, footie and the like ?.

10. ginger

ginger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Footie on the Tosh from a normal Sky Sports or other main channel looks great. Only problem is when they're doing a low bitrate transmission e.g. when they are broadcasting 4 games on one channel and you can choose to view either, then it looks a a bit ropey.

11. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info Ginger, I suppose my real problem is that the wife likes the look of the Sharp but I can see the benefits of the Tosh, if only I hadn't asked her opinion ......Dammmmm

12. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Managed to compare Tosh with GA4 back to back on same feeds (my mate bought a Tosh cos couldn't get a Sharp).
    RGB SKY better on Tosh marginally, on component and DVI Sharp significantly better.
    There are a few GA4's out there if you look hard enough, or wait for the new Sharps this summer. :clap:

13. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when are these new Sharp's due out ?, got any info on them :)