Any tips for stopping birds leaving little gifts on a trampoline

KyleS1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
We’ve just put up a new trampoline for our girls. Great. However, as with the last one, pigeons keep landing on the top of the net and leaving massive shits all over it. As this is brand new I’d like to try and prevent this happening. Anyone got any good tips?

We’ve just put up a new trampoline for our girls. Great. However, as with the last one, pigeons keep landing on the top of the net and leaving massive sh*ts all over it. As this is brand new I’d like to try and prevent this happening. Anyone got any good tips?

Tarp

We used some camo like netting on ours. Goes all the way over the top of the trampoline. Doesn't really stop pigeons sitting on it but does stop a lot of the mess and it kind of helps the trampoline fit in with the garden aesthetics a bit. Queue jokes of the kids not being able to find it :D

We used some camo like netting on ours. Goes all the way over the top of the trampoline. Doesn't really stop pigeons sitting on it but does stop a lot of the mess and it kind of helps the trampoline fit in with the garden aesthetics a bit. Queue jokes of the kids not being able to find it :D
Thinking more along the lines of something to mount to the top of the net all the way around.

How would that fit to the net sides?
I’ve thought maybe some pipe insulation with cable ties sticking through.

I presume there's some uprights at certain points, could you cable tie some pipe in a circle and then the anti pigeon stuff to that?

Or your suggestion is probably a cheaper alternative...

You could try black pvc conduit with suitable couplers, this way you could get a complete circle.

I find that cleaning and polishing the cars works well......

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Tie-wraps wrapped around the top bar, spaced approx. 2 inches apart and pointing towards the sky.

I use these to deter the pigeons from our trampoline and it works well. May need repositioning every now and then to remain effective.

You can buy plastic owls and hawks to mount on springs and suchlike that are supposed to scare off such birds.

Perhaps experiment with one and see if they are put off?

Personally I'd like to rig up something on a wire/cord so it's moving in the breeze all the time.

Back when we had some magazine CD-ROMs or 'AOL signup discs' surplus/expired, these were hung on threads and suspended over the garden vegetable plot.
Any old CDs or CDRs will do.

Not ours:
suspended-cd-bird-scarer-on-allotments-at-stoke-sub-hamdon-somerset-b1yxhj.jpg

Was thinking of maybe getting some reflective plastic ribbon and sticking it around. Much like the CD idea but more practical round the top of the trampoline. Could leave it hanging down to blow in the wind and the kids would probably like it too.

You can get bird scaring tape, sort of shiny reflective stuff...

You can get bird scaring tape, sort of shiny reflective stuff...
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. The internet seems to think pigeons are braver (thicker) so it may not work. Worth a shot though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom