1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any tips for reducing banding on Panny 6 ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rsjt, May 31, 2004.

1. rsjt

rsjt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Generally I'm very happy with the picture I get from my Panny 42PWD6 but I do notice colour banding from time to time on both Sky+ and DVD (via both component and DVI connections). Any tips for how to minimise it ? I'm connected up as follows:

Tag DVD32FLR PSM192 to Component and DVI boards
    Sky+ via JS Technology RBG2VGA converter to VGA input

Grateful for any help.

2. PosiXX

PosiXX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello rsjt,

What connection do you prefer between your DVD32FLR / PSM192 and Panny? Component or DVI?
    And can you confirm that PAL discs are working with the latest software on the PSM192?

Thanks in advance.

Posixx

3. rsjt

rsjt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Posixx

I use both connections regularly and do not notice much of a difference between the quality. One thing I have noticed though is that one or two DVD menus get shifted off centre when using the DVI cable which I never got to the bottom of. Apparently there's a post on the US avsforum on this which I couldn't find. I'm using QED component leads (with BNC adaptors) and an Ixos DVI cable to connect things up. The PSM192 with latest version of the FLR software (version 3.85 IIRC) seems to work fine with PAL discs. Hope this helps.

rsjtp

4. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I noticed a considerable improvement in the reduction of colour banding by upgrading my mains cable.

might be worth a try :smoke: