Any Thunderbird Experts?

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by davepuma, Nov 28, 2010.

1. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    My sis-in-law sent me an email this morning. I could see it downloading but as soon as it had finished it disappeared. I can't see anything obvious in the junk mail settings or filters as to why it would be deleted. I can't see a junk mail folder either to see if I can restore the email. Where does the junk mail go? What do I need to change for the emails to be delivered? I had this problem before with a forgotten password email, which I had to request numerous times. Luckily I was able to access that via gmail otherwise I would never have got it.

2. gerardsweeney

gerardsweeney
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you tried searching for it?

Sorry if that sounds remarkably dense, but it's just in case it has been moved to a different folder.

It might also be worth checking your Spam action settings to see if mails marked as spam/junk are automatically deleted?

Tools
    Account Settings
    Local Folders
    Junk Settings

It's possibly also worth asking the original sender to resend the mail to see if the same thing happens again. It's possible that there was some form of corruption with the original mail (slim, but not impossible)

Apologies if any of these seem patronising.

Regards,
    Gerard