Any thoughts on a Infocus IN118HDA

simon73

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm after some advise, I currently have a Optoma 600x pj and it has now got dead pixels showing. Had it for about for years, been very happy with it. However I have come across a Infocus IN118HDA some specs are:-
  • 3000 Lumens
  • 15,000:1 Contrast Ratio
  • 1.5 - 1.8:1 Throw Ratio
  • 1.2x manual zoom factor
  • 1 - 10m projection distance
  • 1920 x 1080 res
Can anyone tell me about this unit? Also is it a easy fix to swap out the dlp chip in the Optoma and would it be cost effective? The Infocus unit is priced a at £399.

Thanks in advance
Simon

The DMD chip on the 600x is quite easy to replace yourself so if you think the lamp has plenty of hours left its is worth considering.

You only seem to be able to get replacements at reasonable costs from places like Ali Express or Alibaba.com.

I bought one earlier in the year that was a 1280 – 6038B which most places seem to be selling as compatible with the original 1272 – 6038B for a little over £90 delivered very quickly, plus a few pounds for customs and vat charges which I didnt know about until a couple of days after I had ordered and paid for it. Unfortunately it failed within a few days and started showing black and white dots much worse than the single white dot of the original one, and it took me a few weeks to get most of my money back.

I decided to try again a few months back, with a different suplier and actually found one selling the original 1272 – 6038B chip from Ali Express which took a little longer to arrive, about 3 weeks, as it didnt come by airmail but I had no customs or vat to pay and it only cost me £71.44 delivered and has worked perfectly since.

I have just looked on Ali Express where I ordered it from to give you a link to that seller and item but it says it is no longer available. There will be many places on both sites selling the 1280 – 6038B which should be OK as long as its not a faulty one as my first one was, as others have said they have used them and they worked OK and mine did for a few hours until it failed.

Hope this helps

The DMD chip on the 600x is quite easy to replace yourself so if you think the lamp has plenty of hours left its is worth considering.

You only seem to be able to get replacements at reasonable costs from places like Ali Express or Alibaba.com.

I bought one earlier in the year that was a 1280 – 6038B which most places seem to be selling as compatible with the original 1272 – 6038B for a little over £90 delivered very quickly, plus a few pounds for customs and vat charges which I didnt know about until a couple of days after I had ordered and paid for it. Unfortunately it failed within a few days and started showing black and white dots much worse than the single white dot of the original one, and it took me a few weeks to get most of my money back.

I decided to try again a few months back, with a different suplier and actually found one selling the original 1272 – 6038B chip from Ali Express which took a little longer to arrive, about 3 weeks, as it didnt come by airmail but I had no customs or vat to pay and it only cost me £71.44 delivered and has worked perfectly since.

I have just looked on Ali Express where I ordered it from to give you a link to that seller and item but it says it is no longer available. There will be many places on both sites selling the 1280 – 6038B which should be OK as long as its not a faulty one as my first one was, as others have said they have used them and they worked OK and mine did for a few hours until it failed.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the info..
For some reason the fault has gone(fingers crossed), had it on all Saturday night and Sunday, no stuck pixel checked the hours on the bulb and its 507 hours, so if the fault returns I'm going to buy the chip for it.
Thanks Simon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom