any thoughts about which reasonably priced amp to power Bowers and Wilkins 803d3 speakers?

Rupert123

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have managed to acquire the secondhand pair of 803D3 speakers from Bowers and Wilkins. I have an Arcam avr 850 and my set up includes, a centre speaker, a rel t9i subwoofer and a pair of 707s2 rear surrounds in a 5.1 system.

I am bit concerned about my amp as to whether infill be able to power the new speakers. I’m wondering about either changing my amp or bolstering it up with a preamp.I have read that 803D3 are power hungry speakers I need a lot of power to perform.

I don’t have a massive budget left to upgrade my amp and spend a lot of time listening to music on 2 channels with music streamed through a Naim uniti atom. I really value the best audiophile music I can achieve!

I also use my amp for surround sound for movies and I thought Arcam is a good trade off amp which could do both.

I’m also wondering about going for a separate stereo amp just for music and use the Arcam for movies only.

Has anyone tried powering these speakers with an Arcam receiver and if not, will I have to change my amp? I don’t have a huge budget left so looking for all the advice I can get to either bolster up my amp‘s power or change to something else.

Thank you very much!!

Whatever Poweramp or stereo integrated amp you use make sure you use bass management with speakrs set to small.

Whatever Poweramp or stereo integrated amp you use make sure you use bass management with speakrs set to small.

That website is trash and doesn’t cover anything in regards to actual sound. You run an 803 full range or not at all, and yes… you will need more power.

That website is trash and doesn’t cover anything in regards to actual sound. You run an 803 full range or not at all, and yes… you will need more power.
That's right that site doesn't review subjective opinions like sound

It's not trash you don't understand what Bench tests are

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom