Any suggestions for my gates?

CyberCad

Prominent Member
Reaction score
E991A775-6302-45D6-9C67-C93AE428727A.jpeg

I have recently moved into a bungalow which has some very impressive front gates put there by the last owner. But I am not happy with the black and gold combination and want to do something different. I find the black very boring and the gold a bit over-the-top for a modest home in the village where I live! I have thought about blue or green but am open to suggestions. Has anyone done something that looks tasteful or seen some similar gates that caught their eye (for the right reason!)?

Why not just paint the gold bits black? It's a very nice gate, actually quite elegant. Just lose the gold.

And black looks great against the green (nature) to the left and in the foreground.

Lose the gold. Keep the black.

Last edited:
I can tell you what I’d do, but I’m not saying it’s what you should do.

I like privacy, so would go for something solid like wood, below is a link which shows some examples of what I mean. I’d make them electronically opening / close and, at the same time as doing the electrics stick in a couple of charging points for Telsa’s

@CyberCad - I do not! On the contrary, I think black is the perfect backdrop for nature. Look how lovely the green looks next to it and through it.

Just had a look at the image full size and the gold looks cream, rather than gold, and actually looks very nice, so you could paint the finials cream if the idea of an all-black gate still doesn't appeal?

I’d clean the driveway……..

I can tell you what I’d do, but I’m not saying it’s what you should do.

I like privacy, so would go for something solid like wood, below is a link which shows some examples of what I mean. I’d make them electronically opening / close and, at the same time as doing the electrics stick in a couple of charging points for Telsa’s

Thanks for the link. There are some excellent ideas on there...

Gates look fine to me...not ott at all...I bet if you paint them they'll turn out nasty... :D

Gates look fine to me...not ott at all...I bet if you paint them they'll turn out nasty... :D
I asked a friend what she thought about me painting them all white and she looked at me with a scowl and said that would look “cheap”. I will not be painting them white...

I asked a friend what she thought about me painting them all white and she looked at me with a scowl and said that would look “cheap”. I will not be painting them white...
Mine are :blush:

I think no paint at all...but I'd forgive you a bronze...😁

very similar to my gates and personally I like the discreet look so mine are all black.

Why not just paint the gold bits black? It's a very nice gate, actually quite elegant. Just lose the gold.

And black looks great against the green (nature) to the left and in the foreground.

Lose the gold. Keep the black.
On this occasion, I agree with you :D

Urban slate (dark grey) is one of the most popular fence paint colours at the moment because of how it makes the green of the plants stand out and as VivaE says, it would do the same with black.

I personally think the gates are nice and would look great all black :)

Come on, let’s see a photo!
They are not much to look at as smaller than yours and funny enough I bought some new black paint a few months ago to redo them.
will see what I can do tomorrow

Paint them all gold, park a big Cadillac in the driveway and have the house pump out rap music.

Within 6 months you'll have snapped your neighbours' properties up for a song.

Looks wise they are ok, and look fine. The bigger issue for me would be that they look like they are not electric. It would annoy me having to open and close them all the time in the rain or in a rush. I'd take them out, and if gates are really necessary then put electric ones in.

As they come off easily you could drop them into a powder coaters and choose from a million colours.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom