Any successor to D200 ?

py6km

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there will be a successor to the D200 in the next several months (either in the form of a D200s, or "D300" for example) ?

Thinking of upgrading my D50, but don't want to take the plunge if there will be a new model very soon.

The D200 will be 2 years old come December, so it's possible we could see something this year. One thing to note is the release of the S5 Pro - Nikon typically let Fuji release a camera based on one of their bodies when they have something in the pipeline but that's speculation at this point.

I doubt we'll see anything for 6 months though - and the D200 is a very, very good price now.

Does anyone know if there will be a successor to the D200 in the next several months (either in the form of a D200s, or "D300" for example) ?

Thinking of upgrading my D50, but don't want to take the plunge if there will be a new model very soon.
It's a difficult one to call.
The D200 has gone longer than usual and must be due a revamp sometime soon. This year would be my guess.
As Radiohead says, the prices are coming down for the D200 though.
If a new model does come out it's bound to be pricey though. However, that should bring down the price of the D200 even more. So you may decide to go with the D200 anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom