Any Speaker Cable Recommendations?

CatManDo

Hi all,

I'm looking for about 30M of speaker cable, I currently have:

Belkin Blue Series PureAV 16-Gauge Speaker Cable

Which i have found to be very good, however I need some new and it needs to be Black. This will be used with a Denon 1909 and Kef 7005 speaker package.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

mjbtin

Hi all,

I'm looking for about 30M of speaker cable, I currently have:

Belkin Blue Series PureAV 16-Gauge Speaker Cable

Which i have found to be very good, however I need some new and it needs to be Black. This will be used with a Denon 1909 and Kef 7005 speaker package.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Whats the budget?

Another vote for the Van Damme black:smashin:

Regards Martin

mjbtin

umm probably about £40-£50 if thats enough?

I know I am being dumb but dont understand the different 2.5mm 2x 4mm etc there are, is it a case of higher mm thickness the better?

The 1.5 would be in budget and probably do the job with the Kefs but I would up the budget to the 2.5 and cover myself.
Or the other option would be to use the 2.5 for the front three speakers and the 1.5 for the rears.

Regards Martin

CatManDo

Last edited:

mjbtin

Last edited:

mjbtin

Cheers Martin,

Going to go for 30M of the above, comes out at £70 odd quid but I'd rather spend the extra and get some good quality. I take it the cable isnt really thick as it has to go under carpets?

The overall diameter is 6.5mm dont know what it would be like under carpets,mine are run under carpet between gripper and skirting.

Regards Martin

CatManDo

The overall diameter is 6.5mm dont know what it would be like under carpets,mine are run under carpet between gripper and skirting.

Regards Martin

Cheers mate, I'm seriously considering the Getfix now at that price...

mjbtin

Wow that is cheap....is it any good do you know?

Has an rrp of £2.99 per metre and looks virtually the same construction/spec as the Van Damme certainly save you a few quid.:smashin:

Regards Martin

mjbtin

Cheers gone for it, good deal and come in at budget!

Thanks again

Let us know what you think of it when installed.

Regards Martin

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom