Question Any sound bar with wireless rear speakers and RCA connection for Turntable

DJM1976

Hi all,

Unfortunately 3 speakers connected to my Denon AVR X2000 have stopped working and so now I am debating on either getting a whole new speaker set up or getting something more modern in the form of a Sound Bar with the ability of having rear wireless sound to reduce the amount of wiring. The only thing I am having trouble with is finding a way of connecting my Turntable to potential Sound bars and was wondering is the best way to achieve this ?. Part of me is thinking a RCA to Optical / Bluetooth converter, but am unsure if the sound would degrade or not by doing this. I use speakers for Movies / Sports / Music / Gaming.

Could someone please point me in the right direction so I can decide what the next move is ?

Many thanks

jms_uk

Get a converter unit with a decent ADC from RCA to TOSLink optical and plug into your chosen soundbar that way

DJM1976

Get a converter unit with a decent ADC from RCA to TOSLink optical and plug into your chosen soundbar that way
Thank you, I did forget to mention that the Turntable I have got is a Sony PS-HX500 (The High Res Audio one). So wasn’t sure if I would need another ADC.

outoftheknow

Thank you, I did forget to mention that the Turntable I have got is a Sony PS-HX500 (The High Res Audio one). So wasn’t sure if I would need another ADC.
so the output is SPDIF digital coaxial and the connector type is therefore “RCA jacks”?

if so an ADC has nothing to convert - all you would need is something to connect digital coaxial to optical connections? If the turntable digital output is SPDIF the content is the same whether it uses coaxial (RCA jacks) or fibre optic (TOSLINK).

regardless a digital audio output will need an adaptor/converter to a digital input standard on a soundbar. If teh output had been analogue (as suggested by the RCA jacks) the ADC was obviously required :)

jms_uk

Ahh, I didn't realise the turntable had digital outputs.

DJM1976

so the output is SPDIF digital coaxial and the connector type is therefore “RCA jacks”?

if so an ADC has nothing to convert - all you would need is something to connect digital coaxial to optical connections? If the turntable digital output is SPDIF the content is the same whether it uses coaxial (RCA jacks) or fibre optic (TOSLINK).

regardless a digital audio output will need an adaptor/converter to a digital input standard on a soundbar. If teh output had been analogue (as suggested by the RCA jacks) the ADC was obviously required :)

Ahh, I didn't realise the turntable had digital outputs.
The ADC on the turntable is chip based for High Res Audio in DSD, the only connections are RCA & USB. Thank you for the advice tho

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom