1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any solutions for removing those nasty PSP scratches and dust dots?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by artois, Mar 13, 2005.

1. artois

Jan 17, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hey all, Have been reading alot on the web about the dodgy plastic used for the psp screen. I got mines from japan the other day (sharp) screen and have noticed what I think is a tiny imperfection the size of a dot on the bottom left of the screen.

I dont think its a dead pixel as I have created jpegs of all the colours of the rainbow and have tested them out in the psp photo mode-it does not change colour or remain one colour like I have read about other peoples dead pixels. However, on lighter colours depending on the way you look at it it does appear to show the tiny area a little lighter. I think it is hjust a refraction of the light through the scratched plastic that is causing this.

Does anyone have the same issue or know of anything which can be used to remove these scratches from the psp?

Its tiny & not really noticable but onece you know its there you can help but look for it.

As far as I can see the lcd is perfect and its probably a small scratch although I may be wrong and this is a dead pixel?

This is gonna bug me untill I know its not the lcd as I cant return it if it is, due to it being under japanese warranty. I would really appreciate any input you may have.

Cheers :thumbsup: