Any smartphones still out there with a flip down (slider) qwerty keyboard?

GhostRider17

Hey guys

I dropped my sony ericsson experia mini pro this morning on the way to work,im gutted cause the screen has cracked.

I love the flip out keyboard it had but i notice after looking for a replacement that most smart phones are touch screen only now,just to confirm i HATE touchscreens,i dont see what the fascination is about them really. I find them so fiddly to use. Theyre ok to navigate around menus but i like a proper keypad for txting.

Can anyone recommend a decent smartphone with a flip down qwerty keyboard,id be really grateful!

:smashin:

Dodgy_Geezer

On the Android frrnt it's slim pickings unfortunately unless you're in the US where they get far more qwerty phones than us. Your best bet would be a Samsung Galaxy Chat which at least runs Jellybean. If you don't mind an older build of Android, there are plenty more on Gingerbread like the HTC ChaCHa or Motorola Pro Plus or Samsung Galaxy Pro.

However, if you're not wedded to Android, you could get a BlackBerry Torch that has an excellent sliding keyboard. In fact, any BlackBerry with a keyboard would do. Finally, there's always the older Symbian handsets like the Nokia E series (E70, E5, etc) that are still excellent phones even thought they're obsolete.

On the Windows Phone side, there's the Dell Venue Pro or HTC 7 Pro but buth are running the older Windows Phone 7 OS.

GhostRider17

On the Android frrnt it's slim pickings unfortunately unless you're in the US where they get far more qwerty phones than us. Your best bet would be a Samsung Galaxy Chat which at least runs Jellybean. If you don't mind an older build of Android, there are plenty more on Gingerbread like the HTC ChaCHa or Motorola Pro Plus or Samsung Galaxy Pro.

However, if you're not wedded to Android, you could get a BlackBerry Torch that has an excellent sliding keyboard. In fact, any BlackBerry with a keyboard would do. Finally, there's always the older Symbian handsets like the Nokia E series (E70, E5, etc) that are still excellent phones even thought they're obsolete.

On the Windows Phone side, there's the Dell Venue Pro or HTC 7 Pro but buth are running the older Windows Phone 7 OS.
Thanks for the response,ive noticed that the US get more qwerty phones than us after looking on the net over the last few days.

Ill defo look into all the ones youve mentioned. Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom