1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Smallville dvd news...?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Lex, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

I had never seen Smallville before but I watched it this week on T4 and absolutely loved it - the trouble is they are only showing five episodes during half-term! :mad: (and it looked as if it had been cut!) :rolleyes:

I think only the pilot episode is out on dvd in region 1, but I was kind of hoping for a box-set anyway.

So any news on Region 2? Or of a Region 1 box-set?

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi Lex,

As far as I know, a Region 2 DVD Season 1 Boxed Set is due out soon, but I don't have any evidence as to when.

However, if you don't want to wait, there is an R1 Canadian release (NOT USA release!) of the first two episodes.

It's suppossed to contain the first two shows, complete with interviews, deleted scenes, and an audio commentary on both episodes, all for about $15 (Canadian Funds).

It is also a good print, with a DD 5.1 soundtrack, and is 16:9 anamorphic to boot!

May be worth trying to track that down! A review appeared about three months back, in the UK magazine "DVD Review". Click here for more details...

CLICK ME!

Oh, and Channel 4 and E4 edited the hell out of "Smallville", the stupid ********, just as they've also done to "Alias" and many other shows! (Expletive deleted by myself!)

Pooch

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanx for the reply Pooch.

I hope the region 2 boxset comes off. I have seen the first epidode dvd you mentioned at Future Ent, but I think I will hang on for the box set (hopefully).