Any Sky+ owners whose boxes ARE working properly?

gavan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well, so many of us seem to be getting the pause/failed recording problems now that it'd be interesting to see if anyone is still experiencing performance in line with the pre-upgrade OS/EPG software, especially with Pace V2 boxes.

Anyone with a fully working Pace V2 out there?

Gav

I almost hate to say this as it's tempting fate but..........

mine's ok :smashin:

Mind you, I never use instant rewind so can't vouch for that. I haven't lost any recordings and live pause works fine. Other than the pin fiasco, it seems ok.

Oh and yep, it's a Pace V2 box.

reckless said:
I almost hate to say this as it's tempting fate but..........

mine's ok :smashin:

Mind you, I never use instant rewind so can't vouch for that. I haven't lost any recordings and live pause works fine. Other than the pin fiasco, it seems ok.

Oh and yep, it's a Pace V2 box.

Pace V2 box, fitted with a Maxtor 160 GB Hard Drive. So far so good. Apart from the PIN thing of course :mad: :mad:

Used heavily for recording, double recording and watching whilst recording. Have tried live pause and live rewind with all the above and (fingers crossed) all is fine.

Pace V2, standard HD. Not a single issue, in fact I don't think it's worked better.

(fingers crossed)

StooMonster

I have a refurb V1 and i haven't had a problem since i got it and i have had it about 2 months now.

Can you people please try pausing on the Sky Movies channels ?

Going from the other thread where people are posting if they DO have problems, looks like problem-free boxes are in the minority.

Gav

We've got an amstrad, and since the update, the free space that had gone missing is now there. Other than that, it seems fine....

Hmmm my pausing stopped working a few days ago, as in i would press pause and the icon would be on the screen but it was not paused. After a while it would pause and then i couldnt un pause. After 2 days of this i pulled the power lead out the back, left a while and powered on. Its been fine since then ! :)

Same here. My Pace PVR3 suffered from the "Live Pause" issue after the software update last week. I powered it down for a few minutes and it's been fine since.

Touch wood.

Have an Amstrad v2 and a Pace v3 - other than the update happening whilst i was recording WWE Raw live on both boxes, so it failed, not one problem...

Pace V2 and not wanting to tempt fate but no problems so far. Heavily used same as scapegoat. Have watched Sky movies, box office, prem + games, live paused, live rewind and dual recording. No probs only being asked to enter PIN like others.

And if it goes wrong now I won't be happy :D

Mines ok (160). Although I don't use live rewind. Can't remember if it happened before the update, but I've noticed if you press play to stop a pause (haven't tried with live pause) then the video starts playing straight away, but the sound doesn't start for between 1 and 2 seconds. That is really annoying. As I said though, I cannot remember if this happened before the update. Either way it's not very good.

Cheers

our amstrad sky+ (with 200GB upgrade) has worked perfectly since it was installed in jan 05. Still works perfectly after the new software upgrade.

have i tempted fate?

StooMonster said:
Pace V2, standard HD. Not a single issue, in fact I don't think it's worked better.
Stand corrected: last night Live Pause, Live Rewind went horribly wrong.

StooMonster

Pace V3 box with old software is working like a treat! ...I brought it from "Simply Digital" & had it installed by Rayler Systems Ltd...The installer ran 2 lengths of WF100 cable & told me this was the best cable going, much better than CT100!!

Had the same Pace V1 Box for ... ooo must be in my 4th year - never ever ever had a problem with it and it gets used alot.

As others above I feel like I'm tempting fate but I swapped out my Pace v1 for a Pace v2 after having one issue with the v1 and hearing about people having lots of issues with bigger drives installed (Got a Maxtor 160GB)

That was about 3 months ago and have done a lot of single/dual recording and played back recordings while dual recording. Haven't had a single problem yet. Used live Pause/Rewind as well but not often.

Friend of mine who installed a Maxtor 160Gb at the same time to his Pace v1 has just had some of his recordings unable to playback.

Just had the engineer round and he took away my Pace V1 and left me with a Amstrad V2 :thumbsdow The pace was crashing, failing to record, stalling on the channel EPG and loosing stuff off the record EPG. Noticed the new box even after the setup download is the old software so cannot comment if this one is any different.

Edit: Sky coming back on Tuesday, aint having this Amstrad pile 'o Sh**e, the pictures a joke and as for the annoying whistle........

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom