1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any sign of a digital board for Pio MX

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Pat Marcus, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Pat Marcus

Pat Marcus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I thought Id settled on a Panny PHD7 50 as it seems to suffer none of the issues surrounding the 42" version other than something to do with Hi Def at 50hz. Can someone explain to me why this is an issue, please ?

The only other option ( I dont want a TV or anything other than a straightforward screen, ideally with no media box) seemed to be the Pioneer MX but my dealer tells me that it is not HDCP compatible and therefore I wont be able to use it with the HDMI socket on my DVD player.
    As my machine also includes a scaler that only works via the HDMI socket, a digital connection is absolutely essential.

A) Is it correct that there is still no official UK HDCP board for the Pio
    B) Are there any other options for me ?

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You having a larf? No, sorry, hysteria now dying away! There is a 3rd party board for the Pioneer we are all waiting for with bated breath, or else you go for an NEC. Alternatively in another month there will be a tranch of new screens I am assured will do native res and 720p/50 on a digital input, from another Japanese manufacturer beginning with F... You have just hit on the month's hot topic, use the search function and see how much crap is out there about all this. We in Europe are sadly neglected by plasma manufacturers.

3. Pat Marcus

Pat Marcus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Not familiar with the NEC. Tell me more. Is it any good ?

4. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280