Any sign of a Denon AVR-2806?

pingu

Can't find any hint of a replacement for the 2805 anywhere on the net.

Denon have replaced the entire line of xx05 receivers except this one, surely it must be coming? Has anyone got a 'mate of a mate' that knows anything about this?

I'm hoping it'll be out early next year with and have HDMI switching w/ upconversion to compete with the Yammy RXV-1600. 2 component outs (a la the 3806) would be nice too.

Cable Monkey

The 2805 is set to stay put by all accounts, there has been no hint of a '6' variant. The introduction of a model above the 3806 in the shape of the 4306 may be the reason.

Jase

Distinguished Member
I'd imagine the CES Show in Jan 06 is when/where they would announce a replacement.

pingu

That leaves the 3806 as their entry level HDMI switcher. At £1000 that's a pretty high entry level...too high for me :(

Thanks for the info.

pingu

Jase said:
I'd imagine the CES Show in Jan 06 is when/where they would announce a replacement.
Ah, a bit of hope!

In your experience does info about new models leak out before these announcements or do they remain 'surprises' until the day?

I ask as there hasn't even been any speculation about a 2805 replacement and as Cable Monkey says, that could be because they simply don't intend to replace it.

Jase

Distinguished Member
pingu said:
In your experience does info about new models leak out before these announcements or do they remain 'surprises' until the day?

I ask as there hasn't even been any speculation about a 2805 replacement and as Cable Monkey says, that could be because they simply don't intend to replace it.
Depends. Sometimes bits of info leak out, other times a new model will appear out of the blue.

I would be very surprised if it doesn't get replaced to be honest as the 2803/2805 were/are very popular models.

Even if they do announce a 2806 at CES it will likely be a couple of months later before it hits the market.

Cable Monkey

paulw77 said:
I was told last week by a dealer that the 2806 had been announced "that day".
No indication of that anywhere, not here, nor the US or Germany (where they will probably appear first).

mjcairney

The only thing I can add here is that I notice that Leading Edge Concepts have the 2805 listed as Discontinued.

Cheers,

Martin.

Trending threads

Top Bottom