1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any shops doing > 12 mths 0% on Tag AV32R?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by AOD, Jan 28, 2002.

1. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Like the title says.

I'd love to get my hands on an Tag AV32R (I know, join the club right?) but don't quite have the patience necessary to save up the required dosh and then go shopping.

Does anybody out there know of a retailer who would be happy to offer genuine interest free credit (not one of those deferred 9 or 10 month jobs) on such an item over lets say 18mths upwards?

Any and all comments welcomed.

2. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Try Audio - T, they do % free credit plus if you buy before the end of the month you will get 10-15% off the cost of the AV32R !!:D

3. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not impressed with their offer.

Okay, yes 10% off is nice but I've heard of others who will do that (especially if you can be bothered to play one dealer off against another, not that I would ever advocate that sort of behaviour).

On the interest free front they want 50% as a deposit then the rest over a 12 month period. Ouch!

Doesn't strike me as as wonderful offer (or am I expecting too much).

Look like the search goes on...

4. philmate

philmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Try Rayleigh Hi-fi..outlets in Rayleigh, Southend, Lakeside retail park(in DANSK) and Chelmsfoord all in Essex.They do a variety of deals.

Philmate.

5. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Okay, the best deal in terms of 0% has actually turned out to be (wait for it), Harrods !

I know, I couldn't believe it either. On anything over £1500 they'll give you 24mths 0% APR with a 10% deposit upfront.

Wow!

Something tells me we'll be going shopping this weekend, I can just hear myself now "Darling, would you like to go shopping in Harrods this weekend, I hear they have some lovely jewellery..." ;)

Sadly none of the "proper" hi-fi retailers could do better than 12mths 0%, some with a 10% deposit, some with 50%. I say sadly because I know how valuable a relationship with a good dealer can be. Virtually all of my current kit came from Zebra when they were still in Croydon and hadn't yet moved "upmarket". Excellent facilities, excellent service and a mean cup of Earl Grey too. Those were the days (*sigh*).