Any Sept bargain destinations spotted?

Longy00000

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As above really.
Wife and I looking to get away and have always loved a bargain even though we do usually like luxury as well...but if the price is right ????
Wouldn't even consider the usual package places...benidorm would be my idea of hell for instance. Love architecture beaches and culture.
To give an idea places we have loved
Florence
Athens
Dubrovnik
Kuala Lumpur
All hugely intetesting etc

Less impressed by
Majorca
Barbados
Not a lot to do other than sit on a crowded -ish beach etc

Any ideas at this time of year we normally go spring time so not so sure about weather patterns and possible bargains

Last edited:
If you liked Dunrovnik then Split is a quieter alternative, lovely place but not overrun with cruise ships.

The Greek island of Kefalonia is a favourite of mine. The village of Assos is very pretty, it has done excellent beaches too including the famous Myrtos.

Possiy risky now but Istanbul is one of my favourite city breaks, the contrast of culture, ancient and modern. Great culture but also hip vibe.

Copenhagen
Tallinn
More expensive but Cuba is my favourite all round trip which just has it all.

South France.

The island of Sardinia.

Hi thanks for your reply and I have just been looking at Cuba funny enough but not managed to spot any bargains at all. Pretty much full price everywhere.
Think it's going to be marrakesh as spotted a very upmarket hotel deal which is £1250 per person if travelling on the Fri but is only £470 if we travel on the following Mon. This is the sort of bargains I like [emoji6]
Just not sure what the weather will be like at this time of year. Have done western Africa before but in early spring and it was still very hot then so might just suck it up and give it a go.
Never though about talinn so will investigate as an esrly new year trip might be on the cards.

If you liked Dunrovnik then Split is a quieter alternative, lovely place but not overrun with cruise ships.

The Greek island of Kefalonia is a favourite of mine. The village of Assos is very pretty, it has done excellent beaches too including the famous Myrtos.

Possiy risky now but Istanbul is one of my favourite city breaks, the contrast of culture, ancient and modern. Great culture but also hip vibe.

Copenhagen
Tallinn
More expensive but Cuba is my favourite all round trip which just has it all.

South France.

The island of Sardinia.

yep, I fancy doing the trip from Riga to Tallinn...got a german mate who used to go to Riga in the past and he loved it :)

Been to both Riga & Tallinn. Riga was alright, nothing special, Tallinn was great, but this was about 13 years ago & I've heard it's just full of stag dos now

Well I decided to suck it up and see and here I am in marrakesh.
Hotel Sirayane lovely, very peaceful and quite beautiful with lovely service. They upgraded my room on arrival to a junior suite and it's currently 42° so a bit hotter than I would ideally like but hey ho.
can't believe I only paid £400+ each for this.
1473173771100-90580921.jpg

I like your nail varnish

Been to both Riga & Tallinn. Riga was alright, nothing special, Tallinn was great, but this was about 13 years ago & I've heard it's just full of stag dos now

I actually went on a stag do and was delighted to find we were the only one. Of course there were some shenanigans although we were enough of a novelty the locals seemed to take it in good nature. This was about two years ago, I'd imagine it may be a bit more geared that way now but it is not anything on the level of say Prague.

Oh right. I was on a stag do too, and thought exactly the same, a novelty for them. That was 2003!