1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any s5000 users give some tips?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by nopatience, May 19, 2005.

1. nopatience

nopatience

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have trouble with night shots without a tripod

whenever i do take night shots that are steady, they dont look smooth, they look more blurred and processed than smooth and realistic.

Is there some way like....up the apature, lower the shutter speed that will produce good night shots without the blur?

2. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use a tripod! There is no way you will obtain good low light shots without using one simply because the human frame is incapable of providing a stable platform for the length of time the shutter needs to stay open :) - good idea to use a remote as well then there's even less chance of camera shake.

3. Jeremy_a

Jeremy_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a S5000 before my EOS-350D.

As Hollie said, the only way you will get good night shots is with a tripod. Here's two pics taken with a tripod. The one of the car was taken with my S5000 at 1/2 second shutter speed. The second one of the bridge was taken with the Canon at 30 seconds shutter speed. Try holding a camera rock steady for 30 seconds!!

Car

Bridge

4. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,462
    The good old bean bag is a very useful alternative. It can be used to support the camera on a wall etc. Then use the camera's self timer facility to avoid inducing shake when the shutter is pressed. Obviously, you'll be limited in where you can position the camera but it's a start.