1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Reviews on Philips 23PF5320

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Baconrind, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Baconrind

Baconrind
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone found any reviews on the Philips 23PF5320 or got one and would like to share their opinion.

ill be using it for a bedroom, also is it correct that its HD ready?

Thanks

Baconrind

2. piarco75

piarco75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well this is my first post after lurking around these forums for the best part of a year!
    I've just bought a 23PF5320, and will be picking it up on Saturday (bit of a bargain, £480) so I'll be able to give some detailed answers then - I'll be using it in a bedroom too. It definately does do HDTV - it has a DVI connector. Wouldn't have bought it if it didn't!
    Well as detailed as I can - this is my first real forray into the LCD TV market!

3. piarco75

piarco75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Despite the 23PF5320 looking the business, and having a HDCP compliant DVI-I port, its a bit of a missed opportunity - to the point were I have sold it on, and its boxed up to go, and I'll be ordering the Samsung 26" Greenwich soon.

There are two main problems for me. First is the low contrast ratio. The 450:1 really doesn't produce anything close to a black, just shades of grey. I'm hoping the Samsung with its 800:1 contrast ratio is superior.

The second deal breaker is that the LCD IS NOT 1366x768. Despite what it says on the Philips product page, the manual never states a 1366x768 resolution, and neither does the box - everything is 1280x768. Even the choices of resolution in the PC menu tops out at 1280x768. So a huge bit of misrepresentation on Philips behalf.

Besides the above, the LCD does perform well, and even the analogue TV signal is of a viewable quality. No ghosting or otherwise.

If you can pick this up as cheaply as I did (£480) of even cheaper it may be worth a purchase due to its HDCP compliance, but otherwise it'll be worth saving that extra £100 and getting the Samsung 26".