1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any reviews of the new R2 Superbit batch?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Kenneth.Hoiland, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Kenneth.Hoiland

Kenneth.Hoiland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if anyone has senn any reviews up yet?

Very interested in Men in Black and Charlie's Angels

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well my superbit crouching tiger is processing on play at the moment so I'll let you know when I get it.

3. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my copy of Crouching Tiger (superbit R2) yesterday and to be perfectly honest I wasn't that impressed, the sound is incredible don't get me wrong (with the DD trouncing the DTS which sounded un-natural and vocals a tad 'metallic'). CT, HD has an incredible soundtrack, fights are amazingly involving with excellent use of sound effects for swords, blow darts and other weaponary. The incidental score is also first rate and sounds very, very good on this superbit release.
    The data transfer was running at between 8 and 9mbs on average which is above average but the print was very dirty, covered in flecks of dust and hairs which you wouldn't expect from a release this recent. Bit-rate is one thing but it means nothing when the print itself is dirty and even a little grainy during some of the fight scenes. On the other hand the colours are vibrant and the photography on this film is so damn beautiful its easy to look passed this flaws.
    Although I think the Superbit release of CT, HD is a bit of a missed opportunity.