Any reviews of the LG 55SM9800PLA (2019 LG NanoCell TV)?

Updated SW File (Version 04.71.04):

LG NanoCell SM9800, analysis: HDMI 2.1 is a weapon to convince gamers and moviegoers, but it also has other solid advantages

Well got my replacement 75SM9000 yesterday (first 1 had a smashed screen)

First impressions very happy. Massive leap coming from a Sony 850c.

Screen seems good, no DSF I can see with grey background.

Yes abit of blooming with HDR but nowhere near as bad as some people make out with local dimming set too high and only really noticeable with extreme black background and txt.

Mounting that beast on the wall was a challenge along with getting it out the box 😊. I'm sure a Samsung Q90R is probably abit better although that set isn't without its problems but since paid £1750 Inc 5 year warranty that's a massive saving over the Q90R.

Hi All been looking at 49sm9000 to replace my 49ks8500 2017 model. Just wanted to see who has this TV, and overall impressions of it? its currently £699 in currys at the moment.

Hi What type of panel is installed on sm9000-SM9500? 10 bits real or 8 bits + FRC ?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I'm about to buy an 49SM9000 for 729€, it's the cheapest "future proof" I can get here in Portugal (HDMI 2.1, 100Hz, 10bits, dolby vision, dolby atmos, etc). I'm aware of the local dimming problem but how can I reduce it? (I've read the entire thread, but I can't find the post in which someone detailed how to reduce it, was by disabling HDR?)

Best Regards

Wow still going :thumbsup:

Can anyone login to Costco and say the 55" price of the SM9800:smashin:

If possible, with the new TVs rolling out soon, the SM9800 will start to come down in price .. why £999 here in the first place is a mystery as £730 in France. But you happen to see deals of this TV being £700 or less in UK please post here:smashin:

As per my request to official LG S.A.T. they confirm me 55sm9800pla F.A.L.D. (Full Array Local Dimming) has 20 lines with 10 Leds each one. Total 200 Leds.

As per my request to official LG S.A.T. they confirm me 55sm9800pla F.A.L.D. (Full Array Local Dimming) has 20 lines with 10 Leds each one. Total 200 Leds.
yes it is possible that the 55 inch has 200 leds but does not mean that it has 200 zones because in the Polish test that I posted previously he said to have counted 5x10 = 50 zones (65 inches = 96 zones) and the 55sm9000 has 4x10 = 40 zones! ;)
to confirm ...

yes it is possible that the 55 inch has 200 leds but does not mean that it has 200 zones because in the Polish test that I posted previously he said to have counted 5x10 = 50 zones (65 inches = 96 zones) and the 55sm9000 has 4x10 = 40 zones! ;)
to confirm ...
Probably something like that:
fald.jpg

Anyone got any idea with VRR is greyed out on an Xbox one x?

I have an 75SM9000 which should support VRR, ALLM is working fine

Hi guys RTINGS says:
Update 04/05/2020: We've received a report that firmware 04.71.25 disables G-SYNC on models that weren't supposed to support it. We're unable to retest it at this time, but we'll update the review as soon as we can.

Do you confirm this s**t?

Hi guys RTINGS says:
Update 04/05/2020: We've received a report that firmware 04.71.25 disables G-SYNC on models that weren't supposed to support it. We're unable to retest it at this time, but we'll update the review as soon as we can.

Do you confirm this s**t?

I've never seen a firmware on the SM98 that "enables" g-sync. You could manually turn on g-sync in an unsupported fashion in the control panel, and the latest firmware did not prevent this from working.

Seen mentioned in this thread the SM9010 so hope ok to ask in here, as I believe the SM9800 is a very similar series?

Anyone got a 65” SM9010, and can comment now after a while and firmware updates please. It’s on sale for around £1000, which is my max budget and seems to be spec wise a decent TV. Read through the whole of this (long) thread and mixed really.

Would prefer a 2020 65” Nano 81/86/90 version but out of budget, and not sure really what extra or updates they give over last years SM9010

thanks

@pollux Hi buddy we're did you get that dimming zone test or do you own Spears and Munsel Disk is it from that. 🤔.

Are you able to provide a link for it at all. Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom