1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any reviews of Naiko 32" @ £299

Discussion in 'TVs' started by DJW, Sep 23, 2003.

1. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've seen Safeway are doing the Naiko M32OVW (32" widescreen) for £299 !!

Has anybody seen the quality of the picture, or seen any reviews on it. Seems too cheap to miss. Will be used for DVD films + PS only (eg. no normal TV).

I was going to spend £2k on a PLasma, but thought I could use this for a year until Plasma /LCD prices settle a bit more.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Cheers Dave

2. Goose74

Goose74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    wow thats cheap - im almost tempted! Cant be very good though. It needs to at least have rgb / svideo input.

3. chipper

chipper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just bought this tv from safeways and am really pleased with it.
    Got a friend who works there to use his 10% staff discount card so got it for £269 and they gave me 20p off a litre of petrol aswell so thats another tenner saved.
    It is very basic with regard to connections but the picture is certainly acceptable I was looking at spending 1200 quid plus on a 36" set but for a 1000 pound saving I couldn't resist it.

4. bazwall

bazwall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Chipper, would you let us know what the picture is like,and what connections are there ,not bothered about the sound, as long as I can connect a combi home cinema system to it.Cheers.

5. chipper

chipper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The picture is good, there is certainly a difference between this and more expensive sets, it's a little bit grainier and not quite as crisp.
    It is better used with digital sources such as sky and dvd rather than terrestrial as I feel this set emphasises poor picture quality.
    If you asked my missus though she'd say the picture was exactly like the sony tv we have in another room so I am being picky.

As for connections, this is were it falls short, it has 2 scarts and three phono type connectors on the side red, yellow and white, not sure the exact name of these but its the type you plug your video camera into.
    As to wether the scarts are rgb or not I haven't a clue as I'm not sure how to tell.
    I would say it is £300 quids worth of tele and I am very pleased I choose to buy it.

6. Blighty_Boy

Blighty_Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if anyone is interested my locoal Currys (or is it comet I can never remember cos they are next door to each other on the retail park ??) have got a one off shop display clearance 32" matsui wide screen for £169.99

7. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A note of caution.

I have a friend who works Safeways, and he was telling me that there are reliability issues with this set, and that his branch has had numerous sets returned.

Be careful.

8. chipper

chipper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers for the warning fatbob, i've got the receipt stashed so any problems it's going straight back.

9. NickCUK

NickCUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get asked by 'friends' to sort out their TVs computers and stuff and found out about this site by searching for info on a naiko tv. Basically, the picture quality is Ok when connected to a digital source BUT the bozo's who buy naiko TV's are only impressed by the screen size and price, not by the picture quality. Compared with my Philips 100hz 32" the picture is crap but the friends in question were really happy with the Naiko, even with it being badly set-up. If you're into quality TV, don't bother but if you want a big screen for your Mum then Naiko is great !

10. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum. Have you any idea what the Naiko tv sounds like? I know a student who wants a television for his digs at uni. The sound is more important than the picture to him and he can't afford to connect a sound system. Thanks.