1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any reviews for Adobe Premier Elements?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by melliott1963, Oct 11, 2004.

1. melliott1963

Nov 27, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ilford, Essex
    Following on from a previous thread I started about looking for an alternative to Pinnacle Studio, I have tried a few programs and came to the conclusion that, in order to get what I was fully happy with, I was going to have to dig deep and go for Vegas 5.0.

One of the main reasons being that, whilst there is a cheaper 'consumer' version (Vegas Movie Studio), there really is a difference between the two. Everything in Vegas 5.0 just seems to respond instantly. I noticed the same between Ulead Video Studio 8 and Ulead MediaStudio Pro - Studio 8 is very 'sluggish' compared to MediaStudio.

Another reasoning for going for a 'pro' editing suite is that I've already spent so much on Pinnacle Studio over the years, upgrading in the hope that I would get greater speed and stability and I'm still not happy.

Which leads me on to my question. Before I dig into my savings, I see that Adobe are soon to release (if they haven't already) Premier Elements (amazon have got it for pre-order with photoshop elements for £90). Has anyone read any reviews on this (there isn't a try-out available yet) and if so, how does it compare with the full 'Pro' version? Does it use the same engine, but with a reduced feature set, or will it be like other consumer editing packages, and be not so optimised?

Thanks for any help.