Any recommendations on a gloss black/white Tv stand

chrisray198

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking into getting a new Tv stand for the last 2 months. I'm looking for something min 1200mm and max 2500mm in length. The problem I'm having, is finding something with a large enough bottom shelf for my av receiver and a top shelf with enough room for my centre speaker.
I have a pioneer ax10i receiver which is 210mm high, so i'm looking for at least 230mm between the bottom and middle shelf. My centre speaker is an monitor audio rx which is 185mm high. My tv is 50".
I've been looking at the cuuba MR139 but at this point i will consider anything that will fit.

My budget is £400.

I'm interested in what people have and their recommendations.
Thanks Chris

I'm also considering mounting the tv on the wall, and having a nice unit underneath. I have a very limited imagination :( so any picture of what you have and where you had it from would help. Thanks again.

And here it is in situ, if that's any inspiration.

Attachments

• image-1119980875.jpg
    image-1119980875.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 616
Thanks for the post. I do like that and it looks even better up against your setup. It's a shame my amp won't fit. I like that type of style.

Thanks for sharing your pics, it does give me a better idea of what to look for . You have a really setup

just a quick update. ive just bought this Stil-Stand Two Door White Cabinet TV Stand. I will post some pics when it get delivered.

That looks good, if it is the one I've found via google. I would have preferred a square shape, but I couldn't find anything with the right depth to match.

It looks nice. 450mm depth which is tight for my amp. I managed to buy one for £160. I will post some pics soon. Thanks for your help

True... it got my missus' seal of approval... but only because she wants kids soon and it had rounded edges.

Chris, any comments on the new stand. Looking at that one myself.

Push, nice kit. What speakers/ sub is that? (i might show the missus, see if she likes the look of white floorstanders....)

BTW, having had kids for 5 years, i found that they will only bump into a square edge once and they actually manage just fine if something has always been there like our square edge granite coffe table :)

Cheers

S

Hi sunil,
I'm very happy with the tv stand, the finish is very good. The glass is IR friendly so you can use all of your kit with the doors closed (brilliant keeping little hands away from your toys). The unit is very very well vented, with cut outs in the base and at the back.
I will try to post some detail pics later. I've been looking for a stand for months and I'm very pleased with what I have bought. I would recommend this type to anyone. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• STUK4001W-2_large.jpg
    STUK4001W-2_large.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:
Chris, any comments on the new stand. Looking at that one myself.

Push, nice kit. What speakers/ sub is that? (i might show the missus, see if she likes the look of white floorstanders....)

BTW, having had kids for 5 years, i found that they will only bump into a square edge once and they actually manage just fine if something has always been there like our square edge granite coffe table :)

Cheers

S

It's the Monitor Audio Gold series... they look even more wife friendly with the grilles in place. They are big though... I got away with the size as my last set were even bigger and the whole thing rather untidy (looking back in hindsight).

Hi sunil,
I'm very happy with the tv stand, the finish is very good. The glass is IR friendly so you can use all of your kit with the doors closed (brilliant keeping little hands away from your toys). The unit is very very well vented, with cut outs in the base and at the back.
I will try to post some detail pics later. I've been looking for a stand for months and I'm very pleased with what I have bought. I would recommend this type to anyone. :thumbsup:

Thanks, how did you get it so cheap? What amp are you running now? Thanks

It's the Monitor Audio Gold series... they look even more wife friendly with the grilles in place. They are big though... I got away with the size as my last set were even bigger and the whole thing rather untidy (looking back in hindsight).

Thanks, nice, very nice:smashin:

sunil1234 said:
Thanks, how did you get it so cheap? What amp are you running now? Thanks

I bought the stand from a company called simply tv stands. It was advertised at £160 but one day after ordering the stand I had an email saying it was £260. After several emails they honoured the agreed purchased price. Can't really fault them for their service, although the unit in black was still advertised at £160 when I last looked.
I would still be very happy with the stand even if I paid full price. The finish is very good.

hmm... I like that frosted glass... shame the gecko didn't come with frosted darker glass, rather than the dark glass. If you find it gets too hot in those sections, you could add an exhaust fan really easily to that section at the back. I built myself some using a 12V power supply and ultra quiet PC cooling fans. I have 3 going on the shelf with the AV amp (as it gets stupidly hot) and also one powered by the Sky Box's USB port - so that is always going regardless of the other kit being on - I find the Sky box gets pretty hot at the back right hand corner.

i dont think i could fit a yamaha rx-a3010 in that stand Chris, which is a shame as i like it alot and its half the price of the gecko one :-(

Arcam AVR600. There's about 2 cm clearance above, hence the installation of fans. It's a wonderful receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom