• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Any recommendations on a book for Sony A300/A350

waffley

Established Member
Having recently got the Sony A300 I have found that the manual is, to my mind, somewhat lacking. So I have been looking into purchasing a book.
Someone has recommended
Sony DSLR a300/a350 with Other (Magic Lantern Guides) by Peter K. Burian
but I have also come across a few people recommending
The Complete Guide to Sony's Alpha 300 and 350 Digital SLR Cameras by Gary Friedman, which is downloadable.
I just wondered if anyone knew of either of these, or would there be any other recommendations?
Many thanks
Marcia

chrism_scotland

Prominent Member
I just got my A300 and downloaded Gary Friedmans book I find it really good, its more like a beefed up manual but its really good.

anthony566

Established Member
Hi i picked up Sony DSLR a300/a350 Magic Lantern Guide and have found this to be very good, I have not looked at any othe books as this was the first one i found.

waffley

Established Member
Thank you both for your replies. Much appreciated!
So at the moment it's one all between the magic lantern book, and Friedmans download!:)
Has anyone else got any thoughts?
Thank you
Marcia

p1tse

Prominent Member
i'm thinking on gary friedmans, just not sure on download.

anyone want to sell me there download;)

waffley

Established Member
Thank you everyone for your replies. I really appreciate your input.
It's certainly looking like Friedman is the way to go.
A bit late now, but I will download tomorrow. Give me some light reading for the weekend!:)
Marcia

p1tse

Prominent Member
not had the time, but anyone want to share their:
Sony A300 Gary L. Friedman book/pdf

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom