Any recommendations for LCD upgrade?

The_Dood

Standard Member
Sorry everyone, I know there must be a million posts by people looking for answers, I'm just interested in some opinions - the missus and I are planning to upgrade from an LG 37LC2DB to something a bit bigger. Always found it to be a pretty decent TV, although looking back at the reviews, it would appear to be an average set at best.

Was almost tempted by the 50PG6000 series plasmas but I can't quite bring myself to take the plunge as I still do a wee bit of gaming here and there and I don't fancy having to deal with IR issues.

Budget will probably be around £800-£900, 1080p would be a luxury to be honest (not really needed) and I suppose she wouldn't be happy if the set was as ugly as sin.

Anyone bought anything within this price range recently? How happy are you with the purchase? Things to watch out for? Recommendations? Any info appreciated as I'll be nosey-ing through the LCD threads trying to pick out bits of pieces of relevant information.

Thanks in advance :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom