Any recommendations for compact rear speakers?

rupert-hd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I have recently dug out my old Acoustic Energy AE120 speakers from the garage (version 1’s not the new ones) I have also just bought secondhand Acoustic Energy AElite centre to try and match with the AE 120’s as best possible.
I have 4 Cambridge Audio Min 22’s for Atmos and and Denon AVR 3600.
I need 2 rear speakers to make 5.1.4, any recommendations? They need to be wall mountable, looking for something with a bit more oomph than the Min 22’s and I understand that will cause an increase in size, but don’t want to go to “full size” bookshelf speakers. I have around £150 to spend maybe a dash more and I certainly don’t mind secondhand, what should I be looking at, I have been out of the av game for a long time.

Hi All
I have recently dug out my old Acoustic Energy AE120 speakers from the garage (version 1’s not the new ones) I have also just bought secondhand Acoustic Energy AElite centre to try and match with the AE 120’s as best possible.
I have 4 Cambridge Audio Min 22’s for Atmos and and Denon AVR 3600.
I need 2 rear speakers to make 5.1.4, any recommendations? They need to be wall mountable, looking for something with a bit more oomph than the Min 22’s and I understand that will cause an increase in size, but don’t want to go to “full size” bookshelf speakers. I have around £150 to spend maybe a dash more and I certainly don’t mind secondhand, what should I be looking at, I have been out of the av game for a long time.

These Polks are popular in US for atmos, but they will work fine for surrounds too. Black too, but if you got white walls then these would blend better. Add white trunking to hide wires and you are done.
Amazon product ASIN B0018QNYXA
Something larger, but low depth:

The Bronze FX linked is older model, here is the newer in white. They went 279£/pair new and the latest goes 299£. Low depth and wall mounting with two screws flush against wall. They have bipole/dipole switch at rear so you get more of 180 degree soundfield. Less directional effects. Very good option if you sit close to surround speakers. Ideally they would go to side walls in 5.1 system, but if that is not possible then rear wall but monted about 1feet away from corners.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
These Polks are popular in US for atmos, but they will work fine for surrounds too. Black too, but if you got white walls then these would blend better. Add white trunking to hide wires and you are done.
Amazon product ASIN B0018QNYXA
Something larger, but low depth:

The Bronze FX linked is older model, here is the newer in white. They went 279£/pair new and the latest goes 299£. Low depth and wall mounting with two screws flush against wall. They have bipole/dipole switch at rear so you get more of 180 degree soundfield. Less directional effects. Very good option if you sit close to surround speakers. Ideally they would go to side walls in 5.1 system, but if that is not possible then rear wall but monted about 1feet away from corners.
Thanks for the info, I will have a look at these, they look good 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom