1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Reccomendations For A Quality Pair Of Headphones?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by lam1920, Jun 13, 2005.

1. lam1920

lam1920

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i have a nw-hd3 at the moment and was thinking about upgrading teh headphones. Read some reviews about the fontopia headphones and they said they were easily breakable. Anybody got any good reccomendations for a good quality durable pair of headphones???

lam1920

2. ElmoP

ElmoP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've got a pair of sennheiser px100 with my HD5. They're really good quality, nice bass and very comfortable.

I am looking for some in-ear phones though. Any advice gratefully received!

3. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    There used to be quality issues with the cable of the Shure E2c, but I think they've largely got around it. Worth looking into IMO. The buds themselves are pretty durable. More refined than the Sony EX71, higher isolation (useful for those tube journeys) and higher efficiency, which means they're better driven by the relatively limited power (generally speaking, DAP-wise) of the HD5.

4. ndenbow

ndenbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Fully agree with the Shure e2C. I got a pair after 3 pairs of 71s' failed (fontopia). You need to follow the Shure instruction carefully and let them 'bed in' for a few days. I agree the external noise cancellation is better than the Sony's. I bought mine from the US for $80 from amazon.com. Great headphones.

5. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,943
    I use Sennheiser PX200 (closed back) headphones with my iPod and find them very good.

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
    Sennheiser MX500 £15: great full sound for price. Good bass response with clear vocals

Sony EX71 £25 (amazon cheapest 1st hand) canal 'phones - good fit, don't fall out but heavy on bass. It even finds bass when there isn't meant to be any! But for price, better than more expensive offereings from Shure, Etymotic etc. Oh, and the fit is really good - 3 earplug sizes inc to get best fit

Panasonic RP-HJE50 £20-30. another pair of canal 'phones. Not as stylish but better sound - no over top bass. Not as good fit though - my opinion. Rare in UK high street or online so try ebay - just buy off someone with good ratings thats what I did

7. miltie

miltie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    etymotic 6,,,,not 6i

8. miltie

miltie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: