Any reasonably priced 'smaller capacity' external HDD's?

theshabster

Distinguished Member
My mother would like an external HDD for Christmas to backup her laptop data - Very sensible of her :)

Does anyone know of where I can pick up a drive with a capacity of no more than 500GB at a reasonable price?

In all honesty, anything ranging from 160-500GB will suffice, as she's looking to backup documents and photos.

Thanks

theshabster

Distinguished Member
Bimbeemer said:
This was on for £32 for a while, nice, small and light and a single USB so no hassle with extra USB's.

Got it permanently connected to the PC and mapped as a shared drive to a media player streaming films...hasn't missed a beat so far.

Hitachi Touro 500 GB Portable External Hard Drive - Tesco.Direct

£39.97 and no stock. That type of drive would be perfect though.
I'm half tempted to just give her my 160GB drive, buy a bigger one for myself and buy my mum something else for Christmas.
Hmmmmm...

DeepDiver

theshabster

Distinguished Member

Mr Jolly

Have you got a Best Buy near you? I know it's larger than you need but I bought a 1tb hdd yesterday for £44.99 so would have thought the smaller ones would be much cheaper.

theshabster

Distinguished Member
Mr Jolly said:
Have you got a Best Buy near you? I know it's larger than you need but I bought a 1tb hdd yesterday for £44.99 so would have thought the smaller ones would be much cheaper.

I was thinking about Best Buy. I'll have a look online at their 'sale'. Thanks again for the suggestions.

theshabster

Distinguished Member
Mr Jolly said:

Hell, the 320GB version is £44.99 AFTER discount online, and before shipping!

Mr Jolly

To be fair their online prices and product range has always been a bit rubbish but I thought some of their store clearance prices weren't too bad.

theshabster

Distinguished Member
Mr Jolly said:
To be fair their online prices and product range has always been a bit rubbish but I thought some of their store clearance prices weren't too bad.

My nearest store is 30 minutes away, but thanks for the heads up.

theshabster

Distinguished Member
WalkInMyShoes said:
Best Buy, I got a 1TB WD 3.0 and 2.0 for £67 they have a 25% sale

Their nearest store is half an hour away from me, otherwise I'd have considered it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom