Any reason why offline profiles have been axed in Black Ops?

chrisw321

Established Member
Reaction score
PSN is blocked in my uni accommodation :)(), so I've gotten MW2 out recently, and a big group of us have been having an awesome time on the offline multiplayer splitscreen. Another mate got black ops recently, went over there earlier and was pretty gutted to find a total lack of offline profiles, and no levelling up etc (probably not news to anyone else reading this though!)

I did a search for any info on this, but there doesn't seem to be much info about, a few forum posts and a facebook group with about 80 people in. To me, this just seems to be a massive step back from MW2... I'm guessing there must be a reason for it? Or is it just that so few people don't have an internet-enabled PS3 that it wasn't worth including it?

It makes so much difference, each person being able to save their own set of classes, record their stats and level up, I just can't see why it would have been taken out! And not being able to alter any of the settings, no hardcore mode, kill/time limits etc.... I know no-one can tell for sure, but is there any chance do we think, that this will be changed with a patch at some point? MW2 was my first call of duty game, so I don't know what sort of changes the makers can do after the game has been released, is it even possible? Cheers,

Chris

I wondered about that too. Why isn't there multiplayer and combat training game options for offline? Surely it wouldn't have taken much programming and development to have more than 2 profiles.

Maybe they were worried about people using this as a way to hack their online profiles?

There seems to be a growing number of people asking the same question as me on the COD forums, hopefully someone will take note and patch it.... I had heard something about the old system being used to hack online profiles, so it could be it, but I'm really hoping they find a way to implement it anyway. As for not being able to change any offline multiplayer options, sureley that's just laziness?!

I thought combat training was for people who couldnt get online? but you have to be online to play it? Surley that doesnt make sense to anyone?

If you can get online, and want to play multiplayer, why would you waste time playing bots, which in fact will prob make you worse than playing against real humans?

I thought combat training was for people who couldnt get online? but you have to be online to play it? Surley that doesnt make sense to anyone?

Agreed, I thought that was a bit odd too. I don't think it would have taken much for them to include an offline combat training mode.

If you can get online, and want to play multiplayer, why would you waste time playing bots, which in fact will prob make you worse than playing against real humans?

Playing against veteran bots is a good way to improve your reactions and aim though - they throw grenades, flashbangs, use killstreaks, etc. against you so it's not far off "real MP" - I think the only major difference is they don't seem to have too much of a memory and they don't camp or play defensively. They're limited to just TDM and FFA which I think is a huge drawback.

Combat training is also really useful for trying out perk and gun combinations, I'm trying to get my combat training perks up to pro so I can work out which are the best ones to concentrate on in MP.

Fair enough FM, that said they handed it to me on normal. Whoops.

Fair enough FM, that said they handed it to me on normal. Whoops.

Try a 1v1 (veteran versus you) on a smallish map - great fun but I'm lucky if I can get a positive KDR against even one of them.

Maybe they'll introduce objective-based combat training in Black Ops 2!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom