Any reason to have Sky HD and Freesat?

Loobar

Any reason to have both? (assuming you take full Sky HD package).

Seems that freesat just needs a cable from the LNB and away we go - but is there any reason? Maybe only ITV HD?

Bachstrad

All the channels are available on Sky HD apart from ITV HD and it's debatable how long it will be before that reaches the Sky platform. I'm not sure it's worth buying a Freesat box for just ITV HD if you're subscribing to the full Sky HD package. Individual choice really, it's not something I will be doing personally.

ATB

Max

thearab

Standard Member
I won't be getting it immediately, but if, come September, its the only way to get decent pictures on ITV's Champions League coverage (whether true HD or upscaled high bitrate SD) I probably will go for it.

Have there been any announcements on ITV's intentions for next seasons coverage that anyone has heard of?

Starburst

Distinguished Member
I now have two HD displays in the house so as I am not prepared to buy a second SKY+HD and take out multiroom HD then Freesat is ideal for a second HD source as I'm quite happy for PAY HD only on the main telly:)

malkit

I caved in and picked up a freesat box even though I have the full sky hd package mainly because I couldn't bear the thought of watching all itv's Euro 2008 matches in itv 1's "bluravision".
It's still in it's box at the the moment as I'm hoping for a last minute deal between itv and sky so I can take it back to the shop.

glugwine

I now have two HD displays in the house so as I am not prepared to buy a second SKY+HD and take out multiroom HD then Freesat is ideal for a second HD source as I'm quite happy for PAY HD only on the main telly:)

Thats my plan starburst, just waiting for a PVR Freesat box and that will go in spare room with the 40" LCD.

blisteringblue

I caved in and picked up a freesat box even though I have the full sky hd package mainly because I couldn't bear the thought of watching all itv's Euro 2008 matches in itv 1's "bluravision".
It's still in it's box at the the moment as I'm hoping for a last minute deal between itv and sky so I can take it back to the shop.

While I love my football Euro 2008 is no reason to fork out £150 on a HD box. Also being a Man City fan, Champions League is also not a good enough reason to fork out the dosh.

I'll bet before the end of the year ITVHD is on the Sky Platform too. If not then and only then would I think about spending any more of my hard earned cash on more HD Kit !!!!!!!!

PS. If you have built-in freeview on your LCD then footy from ITV does look a lot better than that tripe they serve up to Sky !!

J Roadley

I'm just gonna get it in the bedroom for a "free" PVR up there... use to have SKY+ in there but cancelled it.

Keep SKYHD downstairs for the time being - but see how many more channels appear on Freesat and then the SKY may go so I'm paying £0.00 a month.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom