• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Any reason not to buy a Sony DVPNS30?

HatterNick

Need to replace my knackered old Toshiba SD -210E which has been great. Don't want to spend very much until Blue Ray etc is sorted.
Like the look of the Sony, but will it be compatable with my Sony HT-K25 surround sound system?
Only I saw a review on Amazon which said " it doesn't have a built in 5.1 decoder, just pass thru so make sure your 5.1 speaker package has a built in decoder. "

Which has confused me. Can anyone advise?

F

Fluffy-Bunny

Ive had 2 Sony Players, a DVP335 in 1999 and a NS700 in 2001, both suffered C:13:00 laser failures.

Im not sure if Sony's gear has improved over the last few years, but my 735 has been fine, mind you I don't use it very often.

Sony's have always had very good software / firmware, but are rather sluggish when it comes to menu / layer change times.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom