1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any reason not buy a KV32FQ86?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by micks_address, Aug 20, 2004.

1. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Hey folks - i'm a stones trown away from buyin a Sony KV32FQ86. I currently have Phillips 28" 50 hrz which the picture is fine on but has started going blue screen and shuting itselft down lately. Apparently the tube is buggered so i need a replacement TV. The Sony is the best set i've seen here in Dublin. Just wondering if anyone has found any problems with it apart from the norm geometry etc

Cheers,
    Mick

2. kanske

kanske

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought this set myself. I am very pleased with it. Of course there are some problems with it but nothing dramatic......The "Advanced 100Hz Digital Motion" doesn't seem to cope with fast movements with a DVD. But the picture is very good in "Digital Plus". I watch a lot of football so I don't want to see the ball trail across the screen.....which it doesn't with "Digital Plus". This set is much better than the Philips 8818 which I had last month....I took it back because I wasn't pleased with it.
    I am no expert in this field but I think it is a very good buy.

3. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    i currently have a phillips and the tube has gone just after two years so i'm staying away from phillips - the sony did really impress me. i had along with a friend an FQ75 a few years back and i could see the scrolling bar issue... this is the first set i've seen in my budget that has bettered that set for pic quality barring the scrolling bar problem... now just to convince the missus that its a must have :)