1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any prospect of recordable DVD with integral freeview?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Chris23, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Chris23

Chris23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I keep hoping that someone will make a recordable DVD - preferably with HDD - that includes a digital TV tuner.

Does anybody know if any are in future model plans or am I waiting for nothing?

Isn't it amazing how when we are all supposed to be moving to digital so little equipment is available!

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,821
  3. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Have you considered Top Up TV is just arriving? If you bought a recorder with a digital tuner and no pay-card slot, then wanted Top Up TV it would be much more annoying than having a £50 separate tuner you might be prepared to ditch or use with another TV. I reckon DTTV is so fluid at the moment that it's best to keep to a separate tuner.
    I wondered if any pay-card standalone decoders might be availalble, just to interpose in the aerial. But that would allow aerial splitting which might not be what the Top Up guys would like. Pay TV tends to mean Pay Per TV Set too.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    There are loads on the horizon. One of the first (if not the first) will be the Sony RX10 HDD/DVD+- combo (due September). This is a recorder which is fully 7 day EPG compatible and, by the sound of it, makes good use of it with searchable listings etc etc.

There are also some 'less promising' offerings coming from companies such as Daewoo. And a version of Sharps modified 5100 with a digital tuner.

Other models are sure to follow.

5. Chris23

Chris23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the replies - patience will, it seems, be rewarded!