1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Pronto Edit Experts out there...?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by themmings, May 18, 2003.

1. themmings

themmings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    7 hours re-working the layout of my Pronto RU940 with ProntoEdit, and whilst trying to download the new file I get the folowing message: 'Error downloading configuration into RC Device???

I have the latest drivers on my Pronto, and the ProntoEdit software I'm using was downloaded today, so again - no problems.

All the images I used have been taken from Remote Central.com. They look fine on the screen when making the configuration, but interestingly when I run the modulator and flick through the screens, certain images (or parts of images) seem to be missing (but they're there when I look at the various screens in ProntoEdit config mode)??

Can anyone help?

Is is it possible for me to save my configuration file so someone with more experience could look at it and perhaps spot an obvious mistake causing the problems?

Any help would be very much appreciated. BTW - Before starting today I uploaded the original file from my Pronto which came with it. My Pronto comes with 1mb of memory I beleive.

Thanks in advance...

Tim :)

PS. Also posted on Remote Central...

2. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    From what your saying I think you had the same problem as me. Press the button in pronto edit to upload the ccf to the pronto then just touch the screen once so its shows something. I felt really stupid when I did that, took me ages to work out! The remote has to be "active" to recieve the upload.

3. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    I can solve your missing images problem.

All of the images that appear on the screen need to have some kind of function, so you need to assign something for them, I.e a delay of 0.1 second.

I had this problem when I was programing mine.

4. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    You will be addicted to your pronto for a while but i think its really rewarding when all you buttons do the right thing and it looks the business. The standard ccf is a bit ****. Only an idea but you might find it easier to take a complete CCF of remote central so that gives you a basis then just edit it to suit your equipment. There are so many available your bound to find something you like (slap me if thats what you have already done).

5. themmings

themmings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Spot on folks... T'was the problem.

Ain't these things cool:clap:

Timbo:)

6. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Glad to hear you sorted it. yeah there really cool but now I want a PDA with colour remote software.

7. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Once you get, playing with it you will learn more and more, Im still learning stuff now and Ive had it one for a few months now.

8. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    The 940 is a 2MB model. If yours only allows 1MB you need to get pronoto.ini (on remotecentral) and get prontoedit to recognise your model as 2MB. BTW which version of Prontoedit are you using. Some people have conflicts using version 405, I have had to use 105. (Only applicable to pronto 940).

9. themmings

themmings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Here's a question you folks maybe able to answer for me (two in fact)

1. Once you have all the IR commands for your kit in your Pronto - if you upload the CCF file to ProntoEdit - does it still keep the IR codes with it too - when you download it again? I may want to tweak the layout slightly but don't want to have to re-load the remote IR side of things.

2. I've downloaded a load of sky channel buttons - but am finding it a little tricky to get the remote to learn them, probably becuase I'm selecting one button on the Pronto remote - but trying to throw 3 commands into it from the sky remote.

It is working, but takes a long time - some times I have to make about 20 attempts. Macro I gues is the only other way.

BTW - I had the Pronto Neo before this (I wasn't happy with it so I took it back - learning issues etc).

The Pronto blows it away.

Now,.... I wonder if I could justify the Pronto Pro.....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tim:)

10. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    1. The codes stay are part of the ccf so you can change anything you like without loosing them.
    2. This is slightly more tricky, instead of using the remote to learn the codes you can use your pc to it while its plugged in using the serial cable. If you double click on the button whilst in pronto edit then go to one of the tags it will have a learning option. This means you can add more than one IR code but they have to be done seperately. Then you will have three codes in the box in pronto edit that say learned.

If that doesnt make sense just set me know and I will try again!

11. themmings

themmings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks cheapskate2003.

Does it take long (the second option), or am I just better off doing the way I have?

I'll need to check it out when I get back home tonight - I can't visualise the commands/screens at the moment.

Timbo:)

12. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Its quicker, I wouldnt do it the other way. I cant visualise them either dont worry! I just checked, all you do is double click on the button in pronto edit then go to set IR then learn IR then feed the pronto the code while its plugged in and bingo.

13. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I wouldn't use ProntoEdit to learn codes whilst your Pronto is connected to the PC. This is notoriously unreliable.

The ideal way to learn your codes (your Sky remote for example) is to create a simple panel with default buttons (no graphics), one button for each code you want to learn. Name the buttons constructively; 1-0, SKY, SERVICES, UP etc.

Then, disconnect the Pronto from the PC and use the built-in learn function to learn each of the Sky remote's codes to the respective buttons on the Pronto.

Once you've done this, test the codes throught the Pronto to make sure they've learned correctly, then keep that panel of code buttons in your CCF - name is something useful like "Sky IR codes" and make it a hidden panel. You can then use ProntoEdit/Tonto to create your actual user-interface graphic panel. Each button of that will "alias" to your hidden codes.

For buttons that send multiple codes, like switching your digibox to SKY1, simply create a button on your new "GUI" panel, perhaps with the SKY1 logo graphic, and create an action-list (macro) that references you codes page:

Sky IR Codes - 1 <- alias
    Delay 0.1
    Sky IR Codes - 0 <- alias
    Delay 0.1
    Sky IR Codes - 6 <- alias

Then, when you press that graphic button the Pronto will switch channel via a macro. If you're the cautious type, you might want to send the [SKY] button code as the first thing in the macro to ensure the digibox is on and ready to receive IR.

Not sure if that's exactly what you were asking - hope that helps.