Any problems with Sony LS60 and footy?

JohnTres

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm just about to get a Sony KV28LS60 after having returned a LS35 because it had a purity problem which could not be degaussed.
I wasn't that impressed by the sound on the LS35 so I thought I'd go for the LS60 because it has higher wattage speakers and BBE sound modes.
I am a bit nervous about 100 Hz though.
Has anybody with a LS60 noticed any problems watching Footy / Motor racing, etc.? I am very partial to the old footy so I don't want to be dissapointed if I get the LS60 and suffer from blurred images with fast moving objects.

cheers for the help,

hopefully I'll get a decent TV soon....

John

Hi John, I've got the 32" LS60, only had it a couple of weeks and managed to watch the Premiership last weekend, couldn't see any problems with the picture.

No problems with any programmes on my LS60, including footie and sports.

The LS60 is just a plain 100Hz TV, so it merely "doubles" the refresh rate from 50Hz to 100Hz. There is no extra digital processing, which is the culprit for problems with fast moving action (such as the footie).

Hope that puts your mind at ease :)

I'm having one of these sets delivered in half an hour thanks to Squirrel God's constant recommendation...

...so if it turns out to be cack, I'm holding you responsible, Mr. God :D

Originally posted by lentini
...so if it turns out to be cack, I'm holding you responsible, Mr. God :D
If it turns out to be cack then you've got a duff one which you should exchange immediately ;)

Seriously, I'll be surprised if you're disappointed :) I'll warn you in advance though that you get a better picture once you play around with the settings a bit (contrast, brightness, etc) - even better if you calibrate it (as with all TVs). :)

Well thanks to you Mr. God I've finally got a TV I'm happy with. I searched through the forum earlier and used your settings (except the Sharpness one, I had to put it down a bit) and am finding it outstanding.

Ta, bloke :) :D

Originally posted by lentini
Well thanks to you Mr. God I've finally got a TV I'm happy with. I searched through the forum earlier and used your settings (except the Sharpness one, I had to put it down a bit) and am finding it outstanding.

Ta, bloke :) :D
Glad you're happy so far :)

I have since changed my settings a little bit because I calibrated it for NTSC using Ultimate DVD Platinum. However, the important thing is that you have a picture you're happy with :) Sound kicks arse too IMO! Especially with the BBE setting - good bass for built-in speakers and very clear dialogue :)

You'd hardly know it was a 100Hz set would you? :D

Ok, you've both convinced me.
I'll be down at the dealers tomorrow to buy myself a KV28LS60!
Let's hope I get a good one when it is delivered.

cheers,

John

Originally posted by Squirrel God

I'll warn you in advance though that you get a better picture once you play around with the settings a bit (contrast, brightness, etc) - even better if you calibrate it (as with all TVs). :)
Sorry Squirrel, what do you mean by calibrate?

Originally posted by chung54
Sorry Squirrel, what do you mean by calibrate?
You set brightness, contrast, colour, sharpness etc according to various test patterns on a test disk such as Ultimate DVD Platinum, Avia, or THX Optimode (the more recent THX optimode tests found on, e.g. Monsters Inc, are very good)

Oh, i haven't got any of those, though I'll have a look at my Terminator 2 DVD, that's got loads of stuff on THX?!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom