1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any problem with this?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Stereo Steve, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Just got my E50 and am hooking it up today with my Sky+ box. Now, the second (DVD/VCR) scart on my Sky box has a tendency to randomly lose audio output resulting in recordings with no sound. I have isolated this to a fault with the box which I gather is not uncommon. So, do you foresee any problems with taking the main RGB scart from the sky box through the E50 and then on to the telly? I would then route the Xbox throught the Sky box's other scart. PS2 can go in scart 2 on the TV.

Will this cause me any grief? I can't see it will.

Comments?

2. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Connecting the main sky (tv) scart to the E50 is the only way to get RGB recordings, so that bit's fine. However, if you connect the Xbox to the sky box, you won't be able to use the xbox while the E50 is recording sky (since the sky box needs to be in standby for the loopthrough to work). Maybe that's not a problem though.

Perhaps a better way is to connect the E50, PS2 and Xbox to a 3to1 RGB manual scart switch (£10 from Argos) and then onto the scart1 on the tv. Then connect the vcr scart from sky to scart 2 on the tv. This way you can watch RGB from all sources and be able watch sky (via scart 2) if you're ever recording a non-sky source on the E50, and use the xbox/ps2 while the E50 is dubbing from sky+.

3. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Cheers. The xbox won't be a problem. I use Sky+ to record everything. The E50 is just to archive stuff I want to keep which is not a huge amount. I will use it as a DVD player too so there will not be any conficts. I'll just have to make sure I don't want to use the xbox while I'm archiving stuff.