any practical way to power on usb external hard drive?

micks_address

hi folks,

i have external hard drive that i use to connect to my ps3.. it has a manual power switch on the back of the drive.. is there anyway using my harmony 1000 that i could use something to remotely power on the drive when i hit use ps3 on my harmony? i'm thinking some sort of remote controlled power strip that would accept infa red commands that the harmony would be able to learn and transmit?

Cheers,
Mick

ActualWinners

That's definitely the easiest/best bet. There are a lot of remote controlled mains adapters on the market now. Most appear to be RF instead of IR though, so unless the Harmony 1000 is RF capable (can't remember myself?), you may have a stuggle finding some IR controlled units.

Paul

ezak

That's definitely the easiest/best bet. There are a lot of remote controlled mains adapters on the market now. Most appear to be RF instead of IR though, so unless the Harmony 1000 is RF capable (can't remember myself?), you may have a stuggle finding some IR controlled units.

Paul

yes harmony 1000 is RF capable

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom