1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any possibility for zooming in letterbox picture from PC with HS10/2???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sonn, Apr 25, 2003.

1. sonn

sonn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Planned to buy SIC-HS30 interface cable for seeing DivX movies with my Sony VPL-HS2, but it seems that there are no ways for zooming the letterbox computer picture in either with HS10 or HS2. Is it really so? Any possible tricks? ('H Size' + computer settings? S-video card for PC?)

cheers
    Sonn

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, certain options are "disabled" when using a PC input to the HS10.

Check out Zoomplayer (assuming it has DivX compatability - codecs etc...). If it does, it's problem solved.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem I imagine - just depends on the DivX software features.

:smoke:

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,087
    Or you can use YXY with your existing player and do the same thing, though it's a bit clunky in comparison to Zoom Player.

Gary.

4. sonn

sonn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the promising answers of yours!
    I was just confused, because having happened to read statements like that:

"Actually, using a SIC-HS30 cable, it seems the HS10 is quite forgiving... I put through tons of resolutions (using the myHD to output VGA) from 480i, 480p, 768p, 720p through 1080i - and they all worked fine with the HS10 in computer mode - of course everything was in 4:3 aspect ratio!!!"