Any point in updating to 3.12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Day

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm on a jb 3.01 at the moment and everything is working very well but now that a jb for 3.12 is available I'm tempted to upgrade but is there any point? first of all it can go wrong and also the baseband will be changed which might play a part in the future. The only gain that I will be interested in the new firmware is the apparent battery improvement but have people who upgraded noticed any significant difference? I've read some cases where the performance actually went down.

Only upgraded today, so as far as the battery goes :confused: Personally, if i were in your position again i would say stick with 3.0.1 for now. If it aint bust.... :rolleyes:

I'm on a jb 3.01 at the moment and everything is working very well but now that a jb for 3.12 is available I'm tempted to upgrade but is there any point? first of all it can go wrong and also the baseband will be changed which might play a part in the future. The only gain that I will be interested in the new firmware is the apparent battery improvement but have people who upgraded noticed any significant difference? I've read some cases where the performance actually went down.

Do you have a 3G or a 3G?

Not much worth upgrading for if you have a 3G, if you have a 3G there are a couple of improvements to the camera App and augmented reality enhancements.

Correct me if I'm wrong but any app that uses AR will require 3.1+ from now on.

similar situation.

I'm on 3.0 with my JB'ed 3GS. Haven't installed any of the Apple up-dates, is it worth me doing so?
still on O2, no need to unlock

i cant see why not - updated to 3.1.2 - JB and all is good - the new Blackra1n JB is a work of genius and easy to do.

G

i cant see why not - updated to 3.1.2 - JB and all is good - the new Blackra1n JB is a work of genius and easy to do.

G

DITTO this. If you can have the latest firmware and the fixes it provides, as well as being able to JB, why would you not want to?

DITTO this. If you can have the latest firmware and the fixes it provides, as well as being able to JB, why would you not want to?

Well I guess if you want to unlock the phone, or have it unlocked in the future?

G

Yeah I used purple last time and it was dead simple.

So to clarify, Blackra1n works with the 3GS?

Thanks

Upgrade to 3.1, not 3.1.2 - to leave your unlock options open

Remember to do it properly and not using official itunes firmwares!

Well I finally updated mine yesterday from 3.0 using blackra1n and so far everything seems to be ok. Restored as a new phone for maximum compatibility though, just to make sure no rubbish was left over from from before. Sorted!! :smashin:

This is now treading ground covered in the 3.1 Jailbreak thread so closing.

Does the new 3.1.2 Blackra1n upgrade the baseband then?
You have to update offically to 3.1.2. Then run blackra1n, Which will jailbreak it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom