1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any point in pairing H78 with Lumagen for HD?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by toni_montana, Aug 22, 2005.

1. toni_montana

toni_montana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would there be any point in having a Lumagen HDP processor when the source is outputting the correct HD resolution for the display? The scaler would obviously not be required. What other benefits does the Lumaen provide for HD material and would the improvement be noticeable.

My display as an Optoma H78.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    The scaler has ability to do input sizing (ie remove any overscan if required) It also has much more advanced colour decoder adjsutments in comparison with the projector as well as it's 11 point RGB gamma adjustments for greyscale correction. How noticeable these adjsutments will be with a native 720p source is unknown at present, at least to me. Of course, if your HD provider also sticks out 1080i then it may be that you can decide whether you want the sat receiver to always output 720...ie it does the de-interlacing and scaling....or you let the scaler do it....in which case I'd be expecting better results from the scaler.

Gordon