Any plumbers around? UFH question

Grangey.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope one of you can help me.

Long storey short I'm hoping someone can confirm what else I may or may not need to complete my underfloor heating install?

I have the pipes in the screed (and have been for some time) already, boiler already has the flow and returns prepared for UFH with isolation valves on each, so Im now ready to order everything to actually get the floor warm!

I am about to order this unit which looks pretty much all inclusive, but I just wondered if you could confirm what it I should add to this to make my overall setup work.

New-Quick-Fit-Zonal-Regulation-Unit-from-Polypipe-Plumbing--Heating-20130830121808.jpg

This unit will be powering 2 circuits for 2 rooms no bigger than 8-10m2 each. One is a wetroom, the other is a utility room. Pipes and boiler side is all ready, so shopping list wise, what will I need in addition to this to make this a fully functioning setup?

ie Pressure gauge? "Wiring Centres"? temp guage? valve actuators (how many?? thermostats? etc

Im sort of piecing things together from various trade websites but it would be great for someone to confirm.

Thanks for your help!
Grangey

I am not good with this so take with a pinch of salt. We have a similar pump for our recent extension. Also have a thermostat to control them temp, which you may need.

Seems to suggest that is all you need in the product details. But then mentions room temperature controls which of course are certainly required as it can act independent of the rads.

I think I'd probably not stress controlling each room individually. The areas are so small, that is just wound't be worth it. Hope you have a temperature probe in the wet room if already complete, or you may have to have a room stat in the utility. I'd say just let the rad controls take care of it, but it needs rather longer to be effective. Probably fine in winter, but if you want a warm wet room in summer, not so good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom