Any players do PROPER 23.976HZ and 24.000Hz?

lmaolmao

Prominent Member
Reaction score
as above really, not much more to add!

thanks for looking.

thanks for that.

the sumvision and xtreamer do not (so i would assume all realteks)

The Playon!HD has a 24p option and from looking on the forums it appears to support framerates between 23.976 and 24.0 when the option is selected. Maybe worth a look in more detail.

David

The Playon!HD has a 24p option and from looking on the forums it appears to support framerates between 23.976 and 24.0 when the option is selected. Maybe worth a look in more detail.

David

Thanks DavidT, i'll see if i can find some more info.

HDX uses HDX firmware rather than the Syabas code so a review is worthwhile to see how well they code firmware.

HDX uses HDX firmware rather than the Syabas code.

...which means if nothing else, the HDX firmware will be behind the syabas firmware :suicide:

I dont mean to knock the HDX (I think the HDX1000 was built much better and looked nicer than the A110), just that it's nothing to get excited about.

...which means if nothing else, the HDX firmware will be behind the syabas firmware :suicide:

I dont mean to knock the HDX (I think the HDX1000 was built much better and looked nicer than the A110), just that it's nothing to get excited about.

I share your worries regarding HDX doing the coding.

I agree abut we will see in the final Product.:)

i have the sumvision. and xtreamer has the issue in v2.1.3

sumvision has it. i made my own test videos and it does drop frames occassionally (see my thread further down for judder test http://www.avforums.com/forums/streamers-network-media-players/1175436-files-judder-test.html). i can confirm timing later today.

and several reports on xtreamer forums indicates it is that way for that too (used to work ok on one of the v1 firmwares apparently). http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:...3&p=73341+v2.1.3+24p&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

24p playback was working in v1.0.X, but since 2.X, we get frame jumping every 40 seconds or so. This is a crucial feature and I hope they move this to the top of that list. New features or improvements should not be worked on until BASIC functionality and playback issues are resolved first.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom