1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any plasma screens that are HDCP HDTV compatible for under £1400?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Steviemacca, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Steviemacca

Steviemacca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I can't find a thread that answers this question directly. Is anyone able to help please by listing any plasma screens under £1400 that are HDCP/HDTV compatible.

I know I am probably asking a lot for there to be one, but if you don't ask you don't get.

Thanks for any assistance you give.

Steviemacca

2. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Yes, the LG RZ-42PX11 has a DVI-HDCP port that works at all major resolutions/rates, and if you scout around you can find it for under £1400.

The Hitachi 32PD5200 is also a borderline consideration - it has the connections, but you might need to scale 720p content to 1080 before it will accept it.

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    resolution is just 852 x 480 on the LG px11, making it unsuitable for HD,
    The px12 model would solve the problem.
    The Hitachi is an Alis model stopping it from being perfect for HD but would certainly give a significant improvement over the px11.

4. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The resolution means that you don't get the full benefit, but HD is still a significant upgrade on a standard resolution panel.

The question was for panels that are *compatible* - of which the LG is, and is within the price specified. The px12 - if you can find one - is about £400 more.

IMHO, the Hitachi is *less* suitable for HD - you have to scale 720p to 1080, and then it chops the top and bottom off the image. But it is an option.