Any plans for a real Sackboy plush toy?

cas398

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but strangely I would really like a real sackboy. Just like the little bean bag character collectible things you get, orthis for example.

Seems like a fitting product for the lovable little character, I definitely want one, just as a keep sake.

Appologies if these are already in production or on the shelves, but I have seen nothing of the sort.

It would be fantastic, but unless there's a production line of Grannies in a sweatshop somewhere, I don't think it's going to happen. Which is a shame really, considering how many people would buy them, and that they'd be prepared to pay a lot for them. :D

John Lewis in Liverpool have one in a Sony camcorder display case. It's only about 4" high but is definately a knitted sackboy.
You could always knit your own. Pattern here.

If someone knitted me one I would gladly pay :smashin::D
Seriously, I would :)

Well......my wife just made me one!!! The knitting pattern came from one of the threads on this forum.

I think it's very good, however some people may not like it!! (see attachment)

I'm not willing to part with it, but I may manage to persuade her to make another one if it's worth it for her.:clap:

Attachments

• Photo033.jpg
    Photo033.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 20,270
Well......my wife just made me one!!! The knitting pattern came from one of the threads on this forum.

I'm not willing to part with it, but I may manage to persuade her to make another one if it's worth it for her.:clap:

That is absolutely fantastic :thumbsup:
However, I don't think I'm that fussed about getting one (earlier on I was exaggerating a bit :D) - save your wife the time. :smashin:

I think it's fantastic :thumbsup:

My original idea wasn't to have knitted Sackboys, like in mass production, I thought it could be done like a normal beannie but change the design or embroder it to make it appear like it's been sewn. I don't know if that idea would work but on paper it sounds like it would be easier to produce.

Wish my other half could knit as good as that, or do something.

I got me nan on the case with the same knitting pattern :rotfl:

My nan did a blue one as she didn't have the right colored wool, so she did this one as a trial.

dscn0812smalloh6.jpg

I think your one looks better haha. My little boy loves it tho lol.

My nan did a blue one as she didn't have the right colored wool, so she did this one as a trial.

dscn0812smalloh6.jpg

Very nice indeed. We should start a section called AVF Nans or something :D

Still awesome considering the uncommon colour, and white bits. I like the accessories :thumbsup:

I had no idea you could make stuff like this by knitting.

Still awesome considering the uncommon colour, and white bits. I like the accessories :thumbsup:

I had no idea you could make stuff like this by knitting.

Pretty cool eh :smashin:

Its only that colour as didnt want to pay out for the right colour wool, that one was more of a "see if I can do it first job" :rotfl:

Have you seen how much these are going for on eBay? :eek:

Pretty cool eh :smashin:

Its only that colour as didnt want to pay out for the right colour wool, that one was more of a "see if I can do it first job" :rotfl:

Have you seen how much these are going for on eBay? :eek:

I just checked Ebay and noticed there's so called 'genuine/official' ones on there. Why don't they make more of those :(. I guess it's one of those products you've got to be prepared to shell out for.

You guys are lucky you know someone who can make one.

Courtesy of Kotaku (and via playstation blog so at least its fairly accurate for once)

Yes, There Are LittleBigPlanet Action Figures Coming

By Michael McWhertor, 7:20 PM on Mon Feb 9 2009, 5,591 views
lbp_action_figures.jpg
We really hope you like LittleBigPlanet's Sackboy, because you'll be seeing more than ever of the little guy in 2009, including Sackboys in 2-inch to 18-inch plastic form. That's right... action figures!
Sony has revealed, via its PlayStation.blog, that it has partnered with Mezco Toyz [sic] to manufacture wee plastic Sackboys, with an assortment of 4-inch toys debuting at the 2009 International Toy Fair in New York. The toys will be available "at select mass market, specialty and online stores across North America beginning this Spring" according to Sony.

Expect to have Sackboys shoved down your throat in many sizes, shapes and paint schemes, as Mezco will release a series of "retailer exclusives, variants and limited-edition Sackboys throughout the year."

Don't worry, Sony says it's still working on giving you those plush, huggable Sackboys it hinted at around the time of LittleBigPlanet's release. It just needs a little more time to get 'em right.

For an extended peek at Mezco's Sackboy line-up, hit up the PlayStation.blog.
Sack it to Me (Love is in the Air Edition) [PlayStation.blog]

Glad to see they're bringing out the pluch version as well. Thanks for the info.

I'll probably end up buying the plastic ones too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty cool. I'll be happy with a couple of the plastic ones for the time being:
3268279448_dbeec0699d.jpg

That's great news but...in North America only?? I hope not becuase i can see this being exploited by those pesky ebay sellers trying to make a mint and us poor Europeans paying through our noses for one plastic figurine of our beloved character.

So, we’re not quite sure if there are 4” figures (out in Spring) and 2” figures (out in October), or if there are just 2” figures but either way - we’ll be running off to the shops to buy the entire set once they come out.
If the 2” figures sell like Qee’s and Kubricks - you won’t know which one you’re getting until you buy it and open the box! This could get expensive…

:eek: OCT '09!!!! Blimey.

I don't know about you guys but strangely I would really like a real sackboy. Just like the little bean bag character collectible things you get, orthis for example.

Seems like a fitting product for the lovable little character, I definitely want one, just as a keep sake.

Appologies if these are already in production or on the shelves, but I have seen nothing of the sort.

Play.com have a huge list of forthcoming sackboy merchandise from action figures to 32cm plush toys. I've ordered mine :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom