1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any pics of the KEF HTS2001 speaker stands???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by priesh, Jan 2, 2002.

1. priesh

priesh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi - If anyone has a picture of the stands for the KEF HTS2001 speakers please can they post it here.
    One more question: Are the stands for the front left/right or the rear left/right speakers?

Cheers

Priesh

2. dbloor

dbloor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the stands are for whatever you like

I got mine from mdd-av along with the speakers
    For what its worth they seem nice folk are are cheap

Hopefully here is the pic they sent me in response to same question

cheers

d

Attached Files:

3. priesh

priesh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers for the picture mate.

I emailed mddav about the KHT2005 set and they mailed me back with a good quote, but said that they are not allowed to sell that set and quite a few other KEF sets over the phone any more due to a request by KEF. I live too far away to go see them so i dont think i can buy them from mddav.

Someone said on another post that if i call hifijunkies they sell it for £600 (even though the website says £800) so i'll try that as i live only 25mins away from them.

Priesh

4. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    dbloor ...
    as an "eggspert" (sorry) could you advise me ...
    1) How are they connected to your AV amp ?
    2) How much are those funky stands ? (you can email me if you're worried about your wife / husband / lawyer finding out!)

5. dbloor

dbloor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's been a few years since I was so obsessed as to audition speaker cable (hangs head in shame).
    These days I'm just happy to 'bodge' it all together, relax and listen to a CD or watch a movie.
    Therefore I admit I may not have the purist approach but it only took me a few mins to connect the lot but it sounds good so what the heck.

I have a Denon 3802 with sats connected to that and sub being driven alone, there has been debate about hooking it all or fronts thro' sub but I can't be bothered - it sounds fine to me as is. One thing I must say though is the variable crossover makes a big difference, thats the only parameter I have actually tinkered with, if you don't have an amp yet I'd thoroughly recommend getting one with this facility.

I paid 620 for my eggs and 60 quid a pair for my stands, all from mdd-av, once again it is criminal that KEF are dictating who sells their gear.
    To repeat myself for the umpteenth time I got more help from them over the phone than my local dealer who does not have a demo room, let me listen to them for 5 mins at the back of his shop being driven by some pile of junk and who finally couldn't even tell me what the stands looked like, the pic above was emailed by mdd as soon as I had asked them. Predictably in spite of the above my local guy looked at me in disbelief when I asked for a discount.

So well done KEF for choosing your dealers well! (I mean mdd-av)
    I can understand trying to maintain a prestige brand by not discounting to riff raff but my experience in West London makes a mockery of only stocking reputable high end dealers - the shop presumably doesnt demo any of the other expensive/premium kit it sells......

Cheers and good luck, don't pay full price.
    Power to the consumer

Dave