Any photoshop experts?

chump

I've got this really old photo of my grandad that I've been restoring so that it can be printed out on canvas. The original photo was terrible and had a horrible colour cast on it so am pleased with what I've achieved so far but my skills are limited.

On the top right of the image the house thatch roof has a colour stain on it that I need to get rid of. I've tried using clone stamp but it just ends up in a false pattern repetition that doesn't look right.

Can anyone else have a stab or recommend another way to get rid of it?

I've attached a web friendly file

grandad_web.jpg
and a link Dropbox - grandad.jpg to the original file if you'd like to download it to work on :)

Much appreciated.

Oh and feel free to photoshop him in space or something to lighten the mood (as is customary) :D :D :D

Thanks!

chump

Your welcome not a problem.

Did you get the larger file ?

Yes thanks. Have downloaded it. It is my mum's dad who is no longer with us so this has helped a lot. Can I ask - do you do this sort of thing often? It's just I have a larger 'project' that involves some technical photoshop work but would never know who to ask or even who to trust. Feel free to PM me if you might be interested. Obviously it wouldn't be working for free ;)

chump

Haha. Awesome. The type of bloke he was he'd be pissing himself laughing at these edits :D

Rorifett

Distinguished Member
Nice restoration on original :) the staining is on the house a little bit too - not sure if that's fixable?

GaseousClay

Distinguished Member
Yes thanks. Have downloaded it. It is my mum's dad who is no longer with us so this has helped a lot. Can I ask - do you do this sort of thing often? It's just I have a larger 'project' that involves some technical photoshop work but would never know who to ask or even who to trust. Feel free to PM me if you might be interested. Obviously it wouldn't be working for free ;)
Give me a PM if you like chump, always willing to help out with PS requests. :smashin:

RWA1940

chump ...... Honestly who wears jeans and braces

Me ! - I'm sat wearing them now!
I'm retired and they are the most comfortable
thing for knocking around the house and garden!

Richard

chump

chump ...... Honestly who wears jeans and braces

Me ! - I'm sat wearing them now!
I'm retired and they are the most comfortable
thing for knocking around the house and garden!

Richard

I stand corrected! I'm a big fan of comfortable clothes around the house. I often just sit watching tv in my pants :D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution