1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any PD30 owners now PD50 owners?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by shizam, Dec 28, 2004.

1. shizam

shizam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably going to go for the PD50 to replace my refunded PD30. Just wandered if there were any PD30 owners who have experienced all the familiar problems associated with this model and who have replaced there faulty tv with a PD50. I would like to know how they rate it, and in particular, if the interference with RGB scart has been sorted (will my Pioneer DVD player be compatible) and if the black crushing has been sorted. Darth Vader on my PD30 was virtually a black featureless figure. If you can't enjoy Star Wars on your TV then its time to send it back!

2. chris k

chris k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've had my pd30 over a year Bought it from Sound and vision. Do you think they exchange it as I've only just joined this forum and realised it has problems, such as the one I posted here:

Hi all, new to the forum.

I've had a 36 PD30 for a year or so now, but never owned a progressive scan dvd player. So I bought one today, a Pioneer 575, and when I play a region 2/PAL disc in progressive scan mode I get a horride vertical blurry distorted line down the left side of the screen. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so is it fixable in the service menu? And also what the hell do I do in there (as I've never been in there before).

Also I do get a really small similar problem/effect when I play NTSC discs (but nowhere as bad).

you can see here:

http://kluster.frankencrank.com/ima...6PD30 113.jpg
    http://kluster.frankencrank.com/ima...6PD30 114.jpg
    http://kluster.frankencrank.com/ima...6PD30 115.jpg

Thanks.

Chris.

3. eXOBeX

eXOBeX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those image links don't work.
    These do (compare the URL when mousing over them):-
    36PD30%20113.jpg
    36PD30%20114.jpg
    36PD30%20115.jpg

Go into the service menu and push the picture left a bit (H-pos control)

Service menu 1: Bass to maximum, Treble to minimum, hold V on front panel whilst pressing INDEX on the remote

Service menu 2: As above whilst on channel 99 (can be in AV mode, but TV channel still needs to be 99), go to last entry in service menu 1, press HOLD on the remote

4. chris k

chris k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    what do I do while I'm in there?

5. eXOBeX

eXOBeX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Red and green buttons navigate the menu
    Yellow and blue buttons adjust values
    STR button stores the setting (to revert to previous value, just use red and green to move to a different setting then back again)

For binary settings (Service Mode 2) 0-7 flip bits 0-7 respectively